Nuflake

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
John Milford
Grayling

Nuflake

Post by John Milford »

I stumbled across this bit of ephemera online, circa 1950s - a handwritten note on how to prepare and use a proprietary bait called 'Nuflake'. The note mentions Redmayne & Todd Ltd as (presumably) being the makers. A packet giving their address was a lucky addition.

Not one I've heard of before and it will probably remain a mystery, but intriguing and worth sharing I thought?

ImageImage
A seeker of "the fell tyrant of the liquid plain".

Duckett
Tench

Re: Nuflake

Post by Duckett »

Funnily enough, I found myself reading that very item 5 minutes ago! Sadly, meant nothing to me but interesting nonetheless.

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

John Milford
Grayling

Post by John Milford »

Duckett wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:21 pm Funnily enough, I found myself reading that very item 5 minutes ago! Sadly, meant nothing to me but interesting nonetheless.

Phil
Not worth much of a bid really Phil, but definitely worth a screenshot!

(These little, inconsequential snapshots of esoteric, bygone times have little value in monetary terms, but perhaps merit a passing capture, just for the sake of posterity). :Wink:
A seeker of "the fell tyrant of the liquid plain".

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

John Milford wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 12:54 am
Duckett wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:21 pm Funnily enough, I found myself reading that very item 5 minutes ago! Sadly, meant nothing to me but interesting nonetheless.

Phil
Not worth much of a bid really Phil, but definitely worth a screenshot!

(These little, inconsequential snapshots of esoteric, bygone times have little value in monetary terms, but perhaps merit a passing capture, just for the sake of posterity). :Wink:
Ha! True! The personal link of such a note is interesting but I only spotted by accident as I do look at tackle wraps and pouches from time to time.

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”