1958 Swiss Recordette 21 ultralight spin reel

The Other Reels forum.
Woodbilly
Silver Bream

Re: 1958 Swiss Recordette 21 ultralight spin reel

Post by Woodbilly »

Rockape wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 1:38 pm
Liphook wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 12:36 pm Funny you should mention Stingray SL as I have a Music Man Stingray electric bass in a very close colour match of 'surf green' :Hat:
I was at a pub gig one time, and the bassplayer (who I knew) had an early 5 string Stingray bass; he spotted me and gestured for me to come over. When I got to him he said "take over! I need the loo!! bad!!", so I finished the number for him. Nice bass! Not surf green though..lol!

Sorry to digress. :Hat:
Ha ha!
No problem. Love the stories.

I'm a drummer. Used to play in an 80's metal cover band.
Up the irons!!

Bar stories and fishing stories. My 2 favorites!
Steven Wecker
Ozark hills Lake of the Ozarks Missouri, USA

"Never let the truth get in the way of a good fishing story."

"Thousands have lived without love. None without water."

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

I love the drums too (and guitar, piano, trumpet etc) :Thumb: My neighbours don't :whistle: so I've resorted to Roland V drums and occasionally Arbiter Flats at home. Got my DW kit permanently set up at a friend's studio, hes a far better drummmer than I could ever be, and in my storage unit I have a Yamaha Hip Gig kit sat gathering dust.

Rockape that Stingray 5 will have been an Ernie Ball incarnation from 1987 or later. My 4 string is an original Music Man before Leo Fender sold to EB :Hat:

Best we get back to discussing reels eh? :Sun:

Rockape
Rudd

Post by Rockape »

Liphook wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 3:13 pm I love the drums too (and guitar, piano, trumpet etc) :Thumb: My neighbours don't :whistle: so I've resorted to Roland V drums and occasionally Arbiter Flats at home. Got my DW kit permanently set up at a friend's studio, hes a far better drummmer than I could ever be, and in my storage unit I have a Yamaha Hip Gig kit sat gathering dust.

Rockape that Stingray 5 will have been an Ernie Ball incarnation from 1987 or later. My 4 string is an original Music Man before Leo Fender sold to EB :Hat:

Best we get back to discussing reels eh? :Sun:
Ah! Yes, of course, It would have been around 1995, so yeah a later one, sorry!

I hear those early MM Stingrays are quite sought after?

:Hat:

Rockape
Rudd

Post by Rockape »

Woodbilly wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:50 pm
Rockape wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 1:38 pm
Liphook wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 12:36 pm Funny you should mention Stingray SL as I have a Music Man Stingray electric bass in a very close colour match of 'surf green' :Hat:
I was at a pub gig one time, and the bassplayer (who I knew) had an early 5 string Stingray bass; he spotted me and gestured for me to come over. When I got to him he said "take over! I need the loo!! bad!!", so I finished the number for him. Nice bass! Not surf green though..lol!

Sorry to digress. :Hat:
Ha ha!
No problem. Love the stories.

I'm a drummer. Used to play in an 80's metal cover band.
Up the irons!!

Bar stories and fishing stories. My 2 favorites!

Playing music and Fishing seems to be quite a common combination for a lot of us.

I used to have quite a collection of guitars, but I ran out of room and had to thin em out to my son and daughter.
Now it's boxes of fishing reels everywhere....lol!

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Angling and music are equally the central joys in my life. The Stingray has been a great musical partner on the road and in recording situations. Financially it has been a far better investment than any item of tackle that I've collected but its not quite reached the heady heights of pre CBS Fenders just yet.....not that I intend to ever sell it or any of the others :Hat:

Russell Howard Brown
Gudgeon

Post by Russell Howard Brown »

A fabulous minty machine.

Return to “Other Reels”