Vitalin Dog Muesli

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
JasonR
Bleak

Vitalin Dog Muesli

Post by JasonR »

Gents,
I’m distraught! I had a supply of Vitalin Original (dog muesli), just got one bag left, so went to order some more and to my horror, it has been discontinued! How very dare they discontinue such an excellent feed / groundbait.
What am i to do? Can you kind gents point me in the direction of an alternative for making a lovely sticky mix please?
I have heard of layers mash, watched videos on use porridge oats etc.
What ideas do you all have please?
Tight lines.

Olly
Wild Carp

Re: Vitalin Dog Muesli

Post by Olly »

Flaked maize is one item I use a lot! Just like cornflakes but for fish! Layers mash is heavy if I remember. I also use Horse feed - Baileys No:1.

I would try to get details from ''Vitalin'' themselves via their website - still making it! Chicken, Lamb. Beef and Pork. Or Vegan! No Original though.
Meat seems to becoming incorrect to use!?

Bobthefloat
Zander

Post by Bobthefloat »

Discontinued but new product coming soon.
It may be very similar to the original. As mentioned maybe ping them an email and ask about the new product?

JasonR
Bleak

Post by JasonR »

Bobthefloat wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:38 pm Discontinued but new product coming soon.
It may be very similar to the original. As mentioned maybe ping them an email and ask about the new product?
I had already messaged before doing the post, turns out they stopped it due to cost.
The newer version are nothing like sadly.
Have been trying to find Baileys No.1 locally but no joy yet.

OldRod
Grayling

Post by OldRod »

I am using sheep pellets. Lots of different types available, MUCH cheaper than ground bait, and makes a good base to which you can add whatever you want. Consistency obviously dependent on how much water you add, for runny to very stiff. I think the bream love it.
At the end of the game, the pawn and the King go back into the same box........

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

https:- - - - www. - - - baileyshorsefeeds.co.uk/products - - - no-1-cooked-cereal-meal

JasonR
Bleak

Post by JasonR »

Olly wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:53 pm https:- - - - www. - - - baileyshorsefeeds.co.uk/products - - - no-1-cooked-cereal-meal
I’ve seen this one used and it looks good but having a devil of a job finding it local to me. Seems the shops stock all the Baileys feed except No.1.
Thanks for the link.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

No problem - about £27 now in some places including delivery!

"""The “original” non-heating conditioning feed, Cooked Cereal Meal was Baileys’ foundation product and, although the formulation has been updated over the years, it remains as effective as ever. It is made exclusively from micronised wheat, a concentrated source of carbohydrate calories, made as digestible as possible through the meticulous cooking process. This maximises the chances of the starch content being digested

The tasty meal can be added to other straights, such as oats or barley, or simply mixed with alfalfa, chaff or soaked sugar beet pulp but, as it is a “complementary” feed, Cooked Cereal Meal should always be fed alongside a broad spectrum vitamin and mineral supplement or balancer. It should also be fed damp or can be made into an appetising mash for sick or elderly horses, especially if they have trouble chewing."""

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”