Mepps Conundrum

The Other Reels forum.
Russell Howard Brown
Ruffe

Mepps Conundrum

Post by Russell Howard Brown »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
A 'new' acquisition,Mepps Super Meca in original box with user manual and two sales fliers.The box was in a terrible state with tears and sticky tape and what you see now is AFTER considerable PVA repairs.I couldn't remove the tape marks at all.So.....the reel,it has a horrible filed foot but what intrigues me is that it has a different bale arm compared to my other Super Meca so I'm guessing there were updates during its manufacture. The other thing that I'm confused about is the spool and the spool holder.The LH holder has a smooth rim,the RH holder has ridges.Also the spool from the new reel doesn't fit on the other spool holder ??? I know Mepps produced not only the Super Meca but also a Meca and I'm wondering if the 'new' spool and holder are from the aforementioned Meca because the 'new' spool doesn't fit the other (ridged) holder.Trying to find Mepps info on the internet is pointless and I've searched Google Images for the Meca model and found nothing.Lastly.....I haven't explained this at all well.....TTFNπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

Fredline
Tench

Re: Mepps Conundrum

Post by Fredline »

Another great reel Russell, beautiful colour. This is from Ben Wright.
ImageImage
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Russell Howard Brown
Ruffe

Fredline wrote: ↑Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 pm Another great reel Russell, beautiful colour. This is from Ben Wright.
ImageImage
My dearest,dearest Fredline.I feel like I should be paying you a modest stipend.

Russell Howard Brown
Ruffe

Fredline wrote: ↑Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 pm Another great reel Russell, beautiful colour. This is from Ben Wright.
ImageImage
My dearest Fredline,you are relentlessly helpful.I feel like I should be paying you a retainer.πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

Russell Howard Brown
Ruffe

I've replied twice coz I'm nearly 68.

Rockape
Roach

Post by Rockape »

Very cool russ! :Cool:

Return to β€œOther Reels”