Chapman The Bengeo

The Chapmans Rods forum.
Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Re: Chapman The Bengeo

Post by Ljm183 »

Greentura wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:05 pm Would anyone have the tip tapers of a Bengeo ? As it's stated as being 10' and 1lb test, could it be similar to or the same even as the Peter Stone 'Ledgerstrike' ? I built myself similar construction rod as a two piece 10'10" rod with one of my replica Craftversa tips that i wasnt happy with for the thickest end and had to shorten it to remove the bad bit, a shame to cut it shorter so I built a spliced in whole cane to whole cane butt section, with a short handle, that with hindsight i should have made a few inches later, might still do that. Anyway, it's be interesting to find the Tapers of a real Bengeo if anyone can help
Andy Bengeo Tip section tapers

In mm.

Starting at the ferrule whipping and then every 12in. untill the whipping at the tip ring. Varnished section.
8.7mm
7.5mm
6.25mm
5.3mm
3.7mm
2.75mm

Hope this helps :Thumb:

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

I think 'The Beane' is the name of a stream/river in the village where my sister lives, Stansted Mountfitchet. Next time I go to visit I will go have a look at the beane.

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

BoltonBullfinch wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:30 pm I think 'The Beane' is the name of a stream/river in the village where my sister lives, Stansted Mountfitchet. Next time I go to visit I will go have a look at the beane.

Thanks
BB
Bengeo Village and the River Beane About 20 miles from Stansted Mountfitchet

Stansted Brook runs through Stansted Mountfitchet which enters the nearest river The Stort another of the rivers used by Chapmans as a rod Name.

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

I was thinking of the Bourne, had to look as I thought it began with B.

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Return to “Chapmans Cane Rods”