The New Encyclopaedia of Float Fishing - a question

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Duckett
Tench

The New Encyclopaedia of Float Fishing - a question

Post by Duckett »

Once I got over the shock of a Royal Mail delivery on a Sunday afternoon, I opened my newly acquired copy of “The New Encyclopaedia of Float Fishing” by Billy Lane and Colin Graham. It’s the 1987 reprint of the 1981 revised publication.

I’ve been looking for a copy of “The Encyclopaedia of Float Fishing” since I started making floats but I’m not a big angling book reader and shied away from the prices being asked. I started to watch this on a certain site a short while ago, still considering the price too high. Then, as sometimes happens there if you are patient, the seller sent me a very reasonable offer which I accepted immediately.

At first glance, it appears to be everything I expected and I’m looking forward to reading it on our fishing holiday the week after next. However, one question did dawn on me - has anyone read both? Is there a significant difference?

Phil :Hat:
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

DaceAce
Eel

Re: The New Encyclopaedia of Float Fishing - a question

Post by DaceAce »

The books are broadly similar although the one you have has been updated a fair bit since the first incarnation. Parts of both books are puzzling and one or two of the diagrams impossible to achieve in real life.

Duckett
Tench

Re: The New Encyclopaedia of Float Fishing - a question

Post by Duckett »

DaceAce wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:57 pm The books are broadly similar although the one you have has been updated a fair bit since the first incarnation. Parts of both books are puzzling and one or two of the diagrams impossible to achieve in real life.
Thanks Mark, that’s very helpful.

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”