McDonalds of South Harrow

Do you know of a good traditional fishing tackle shop, past and present.
Rockape
Roach

Re: McDonalds of South Harrow

Post by Rockape »

Hi Vole,

There was a tackle shop in South Ruislip, albeit in the 80's I think? And of course 'Woody's at the end of Wembly High road; not sure if Jack Geach (near Youngs) sold tackle, but he sold just about everything else (cheap electric guitars for one)....he could be a bit miserable at times.
Last edited by Rockape on Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I cannot for the life of me remember a tackle shop in South Ruislip. Can someone tell me what road etc etc please? I used Judds and Harefield too.

Paul F
Sea Trout

Post by Paul F »

A few years ago as a sales rep I was away on business in the area, I stopped at the McDonald's Harrow for lunch, I had a big mac meal.

If I am honest, it was ok, but no better than any other McDonald's I've stopped at đź‘Ť

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

:Hahaha:
Paul F wrote: ↑Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:35 pm A few years ago as a sales rep I was away on business in the area, I stopped at the McDonald's Harrow for lunch, I had a big mac meal.

If I am honest, it was ok, but no better than any other McDonald's I've stopped at :Thumb:
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Rockape
Roach

Post by Rockape »

Hi Nobby,

The South Ruislip shop was on the left in the row of shops just after the (Sainsburys?) roundabout (now traffic lights) heading towards Ruislip Manor, just before the dairy. It wasn't there for very long as I remember, quite a big shop though.

Might have been before Sainsburys moved in there (so long ago, and me with such a vague memory..sigh!).

Return to “Traditional Fishing Tackle Shops, Past and Present”