Octopus 11 footer...nearly forgot about this one!

The Edgar Sealey & Sons Ltd Rods forum.
TrentFisher
Crucian Carp

Octopus 11 footer...nearly forgot about this one!

Post by TrentFisher »

I was working from home today....
and there was a lull in proceedings.
For whatever reason the light bulb moment happened and I opened the door to the wardrobe where I keep my cane collection.
The wardrobe is situated in the same space as my work desk....ie the small bedroom.
Inside was a rod which I had almost forgotten I had refurbished.As it was just prior to summer last year then my life got taken over with helping the family with some major rennovations.
The rod will certainly get some outings this season.
All the original rings were in poor condition and the handle where the reel sits was all there but was on the thin side.
I hadn't planned on spending much money on it as I had enough rings allbeit more modern black frame high bells and some black cord(the photo will show how that was used.
It turned out quite nice -it just need a fish or two.....I also found a nice conditioned Inrepid Elite at the same time....could be a match?

All the best with your finds!-Nige.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Crucian
Eel

Re: Octopus 11 footer...nearly forgot about this one!

Post by Crucian »

Nicely done :Hat:

EricW
Perch

Post by EricW »

Nice one Nige. :Hat: I'd be very surprised if that hasn't made a really good rod. I'm a big fan of Sealey woodwork. In my experience it is invariably good quality and well made. I'm also embarrassed to say that a combination of age and too many rods means that I seem to find surprises in my collection with increasing regularity. :Confused:
These are the Golden Years. Don't waste them.

Here are some of our fishing films that you may enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrUkLb ... -bz8H_vr7A

TrentFisher
Crucian Carp

Post by TrentFisher »

EricW wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:00 am Nice one Nige. :Hat: I'd be very surprised if that hasn't made a really good rod. I'm a big fan of Sealey woodwork. In my experience it is invariably good quality and well made. I'm also embarrassed to say that a combination of age and too many rods means that I seem to find surprises in my collection with increasing regularity. :Confused:
Hi Eric,I picked the rod up sometime when left to my own devices in a Newark antique centre for 15.00.The tip had a little delamination,but I new it was to be stripped and the repair was easy to do.So overall a smashing rod and looking forward to using it. I am always finding/rediscovering items tucked away!
All the best-Nige.

Catfish.017
Eel

Post by Catfish.017 »

Good allrounders these rods, ideal for all general float fishing for anything up to double figures. Enjoy yours Nige.

Return to “Edgar Sealey & Sons Ltd Cane Rods”