Andy Batchelor Boxed Floats

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Liphook
Barbel

Re: Andy Batchelor Boxed Floats

Post by Liphook »

Cracking find! I'm a big fan of PG but had no idea he was an angler never mind a traditionalist :Hat:

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

Liphook wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:19 pm Cracking find! I'm a big fan of PG but had no idea he was an angler never mind a traditionalist :Hat:
He used to be a member of this forum !
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Bayleaf
Gudgeon

Post by Bayleaf »

Legendary guitarist, didn't know he was an angler. Super floats, even look like they may have been used with the rubbers on the stem.

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Great floats and a bit of great history to, "Very nice"
I was reading that he went up to the Orkneys because he loved the tranquility there to enjoy his angling would love to know more about his angling experiences.
Around 20 years ago my eldest daughter was talking to a colleague at work in conversation that I had a nice old guitar.
Her work mate said, don't talk to me about guitars I used to be married to Peter Green!

Mr B
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Bayleaf wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:29 am Legendary guitarist, didn't know he was an angler. Super floats, even look like they may have been used with the rubbers on the stem.
Definitely used ... all three had float rubbers and the correct ammount of split shot tapped to the stems.

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Mr B wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:12 am
Around 20 years ago my eldest daughter was talking to a colleague at work in conversation that I had a nice old guitar.
Her work mate said, don't talk to me about guitars I used to be married to Peter Green!

Mr B
That would have been Jane Samuels Peters wife from 1978-79.

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Ljm183 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:55 pm

Mr B
The name rings a bell.... sounds right, wasn't a long marriage.
Great about the correct shotting on the floats.
Be interested to know more about his angling and tackle, I would have thought he would have enjoyed some quality after looking at your floats, not mentioning his guitar collection.

Thanks mate.

Mark.
Ps, If there is another TFF day on the Chelmer next season perhaps you could bring them allong for us to have a look at.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Mr B wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:50 am

Mr B
Be interested to know more about his angling and tackle, I would have thought he would have enjoyed some quality after looking at your floats, not mentioning his guitar collection.

Thanks mate.

Mark.
Ps, If there is another TFF day on the Chelmer next season perhaps you could bring them allong for us to have a look at.
Keep me informed about a Chelmer meet Mark and I'll definitely bring them along for you to see. As for his guitar collection they're all up for auction in a couple of months at Bonhams... Theres over a Hundred and fifty going for sale. https://www.bonhams.com/press_release/36129/

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Ljm183 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:12 pm
Mr B wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:50 am

Mr B

Thanks mate.

Mark.
Keep me informed about a Chelmer meet Mark and I'll definitely bring them along for you to see. As for his guitar collection they're all up for auction in a couple of months at Bonhams... Theres over a Hundred and fifty going for sale. https://www.bonhams.com/press_release/36129/
Grumpy is the man for the Chelmer Beano, he arranged it last year... think so anyway? Pretty sure...
I'll ask him.
Thanks for the link... very interesting! I have a few guitars myself but not in Peters League!

Mark

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Wow. Peter Green is up there with Clapton and Hendrix for me...and he could write and sing.
He was already troubled by success and riches and then a bad acid trip, supposedly he was given it without his knowledge, and he was never the same.

He grew his fingernails three inches long so he couldn't play when he lived in Richmond.

I don't know if this qualifies as 'blues' but it's one of my all time favourites.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=pe ... &FORM=VIRE

Great, great find :Hat:

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”