Olivers label older rods.

The Oliver's of Knebworth Rods forum.
GreenFrogs1
Stickleback

Olivers label older rods.

Post by GreenFrogs1 »

ImageImageImageImageI recently bought an Oliver's rod. I have done as much research as I can. There are some comprehensive articles on the history of the company. Yet there are very few photos of early rods. From the research I have done, I believe this rod to be from the early period of the company. I have found reference to a red and black transfer on the Barder site, he refers to early Olivers rods being very difficult to find and the earlier rods, bear a distinctive black and red transfer. Does anybody here happen to own an Olivers rod from this period that bears the red and black transfer that Barder refers to? If so, is that transfer the same as this. I have seen one other rod, that bears a red and black transfer, this is owned by my mate Gilbert. The labels are exactly the same. The only difference being that his rod has MKIV carp written in the centre of the horseshoe design on the transfer. Mine bears the legendary 'Don's Of Edmonton' I am guessing that this rod is from the early 60's. Any insight on the age of this rod, and how I would go about dating it, would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Giles

Just trying to work out how to attach photos?
Last edited by GreenFrogs1 on Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gilbert
Rudd

Re: Olivers label older rods.

Post by Gilbert »

Imagethis is my rod . Giles' has Don's of Edmonton where mine has MKIV .

GreenFrogs1
Stickleback

Re: Olivers label older rods.

Post by GreenFrogs1 »

xxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by GreenFrogs1 on Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Oliver's of Knebworth Cane Rods”