The net on the garage wall (paperback)

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Grumpy
Arctic Char

Re: The net on the garage wall (paperback)

Post by Grumpy »

GameKeeper wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:17 am After recently reading Peters wonderful book,I walked the banks from Maldon to Chelmsford with my grandchildren yesterday and visited the favourite swims that I fished with my Grandfather in the 1950s.
A wonderful day evoking cherished memories of catching Chub,Perch and Roach at Barnes Mill,Paper Mills and Hoe Mill on the river Chelmer.
I wonder if Peter might re print : Crock of Gold : in paperback as I would love a copy
There is still very good fishing to be had on the Chelmer.Well worth a cast or three,especially Autumn/Winter.

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

i bought this book when it first came out its great read i still have it must read again

JAA
Grayling

Post by JAA »

GameKeeper wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:17 am After recently reading Peters wonderful book,I walked the banks from Maldon to Chelmsford with my grandchildren yesterday and visited the favourite swims that I fished with my Grandfather in the 1950s.
A wonderful day evoking cherished memories of catching Chub,Perch and Roach at Barnes Mill,Paper Mills and Hoe Mill on the river Chelmer.
I wonder if Peter might re print : Crock of Gold : in paperback as I would love a copy
There is a print run in the offing. I'll keep you posted :Hat:
¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯ ><(((º>
Cole aka JAA
https://crucians.org/
https://www.anotherangler.net/

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Grumpy wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:15 pm
There is still very good fishing to be had on the Chelmer.Well worth a cast or three,especially Autumn/Winter.
I'll be giving it another go soon...
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Dave F
Grayling

Post by Dave F »

All set for reading during the dark winter nights. Just received my copy..
Oh to be at my “Happy Place” where nothing matters but the being there.

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”