Post by Liphook »

Thank you very much Jeremy :Hat:

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Re: Jector Crown

Post by Bobthefloat »

Jeremy Croxall wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:57 am
Bobthefloat wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:39 pm
Liphook wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:59 pm I've a fair collection of G&Y 'pins and have to say the finish is often the main weakness in otherwise great reels. Some I like in a 'used patina' kind of way, but I've some particularly tatty ones I'd definitely like to repaint. I typed 'reel painting" in the search function and found reference to Mazda touch up paint, Rustoleum and Halfords satin black etc and one that recommends flooding on Hammerite before baking, but nothing by Wal. If anyone can link Wals post I'd be much obliged :Hat:
Yes a link to the post would be great I've also searched Alistair :Confused:
https://traditionalfisherman.com/viewto ... 77#p396977

Here you go chaps :Hat:
:Hat: much appreciated Jeremy

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Looking closer at your Jecta Crown pictures Terry it's pretty remarkable that the spool centre boss and the G&Y badge to the rear of the oil well are in such great condition. I'd say that makes it an ideal candidate for a paint restoration. No doubt someone out there could make a suitable decal for the 'Jecta Crown' writing. The little bit of research I've done so far is pointing towards 2K epoxy alloy wheel refurb sprays. I'll keep you posted if I make any progress. Let me know if you want a 3D printed arbour for it :Hat:

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Liphook wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:28 am Looking closer at your Jecta Crown pictures Terry it's pretty remarkable that the spool centre boss and the G&Y badge to the rear of the oil well are in such great condition. I'd say that makes it an ideal candidate for a paint restoration. No doubt someone out there could make a suitable decal for the 'Jecta Crown' writing. The little bit of research I've done so far is pointing towards 2K epoxy alloy wheel refurb sprays. I'll keep you posted if I make any progress. Let me know if you want a 3D printed arbour for it :Hat:
That's extremely kind of you Alistair thank you :Hat:
I do already have one in vgc so this project may be on the back burner for a bit but for 20 odd quid I just couldn't let it go!
(In fact I had another result last night!)
I'll do an updated post soon on my Grice shelf.

Return to “Grice and Young Reels”