Slugs....

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: Slugs....

Post by Dave Burr »

Rod Fisher wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:30 am
Dave Burr wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:51 am Have you considered that when a slug is cast into the water, it very often retracts and curls thus looking nothing like the imitations?
I have wondered about trying to insert a piece of wire to force it to adopt a curled posture, and maybe trimming/removing the antennae, but I thought I'd see how they fished first as is.
You're right to do so, after all, if they are queueing up to take them then there's no need to change. But many lures 'suggest' a prey item rather than exactly match them and a few tweaks may find a winning combination. I once cast a rubber crayfish at a group of feeding chub but - stupidly - retrieved it forwards rather than how they actually swim. Whether it was that or not I'm not sure but, they all disappeared.

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Re: Slugs....

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

You dont seal the mould, it just needs a quick squirt of silicon spray and the lures will just pull out once cooled down.
The mould is not plaster, the masters are hard modeling clay. The mould is mould silicone, the lures are soft plastic.

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”