Romsey Vintage Tackle Fair. Sunday 2nd October 2022

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Aitch
Pike

Re: Romsey Vintage Tackle Fair. Sunday 2nd October 2022

Post by Aitch »

Keston wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:53 am Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and gazing lovingly at all the fab vintage fishing tackle .
See you there John...
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

My good lady will be bringing a few of her sausage rolls with her to leave on Fredline's and Lea Dweller's table... there won't be a huge amount so get em while you can... (buy summat though...🤣🤣🤣)
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Aitch wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:15 pm My good lady will be bringing a few of her sausage rolls with her to leave on Fredline's and Lea Dweller's table... there won't be a huge amount so get em while you can... (buy summat though...🤣🤣🤣)
Sadly Fredline is saving himself for Redditch, so I will be solo this time! It will be great to see you and Jackie Aitch, I will thank her personally for the 'Wally' delights that she produced! Space on my table will be very limited, as I have loads to sell, but we shall see tomorrow! :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Goosequill
Dace

Post by Goosequill »

A thoroughly plesant day, enjoyed having a good look around. Brought plenty of Chrismas presents for a dear friend and treated myself to a couple of glass rods, speedia wide drums and some mitchell 300s.

Seemed to be a packed house of traders which was good to see.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Having had a good night's sleep, (it was a VERY long day) I wanted to share some of my conclusions of yesterday. Firstly, it was good to see such a high number of sellers in the hall, the more choice the more interest, with a good number of people coming in! I am sure that I met a number of TFF members without knowing it, as if they were not wearing a badge or didn't introduce themselves, I wouldn't know them by sight :surrender: I didn't get a chance to walk around as I was on my own, so I missed browsing myself, something that I will remedy at Redditch as I will be sharing with John (Fredline) Thanks to Steve Draper, for all of his efforts in arranging this fair, it was great! I look forward to Redditch next month, where John Andrews will be our host, hopefully we will have another fine event! Hope to see more TFF members, please introduce yourselves! :Ok: :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Arcadia
Ruffe

Post by Arcadia »

As Lea Dweller kindly mentioned next stop is Redditch where I will be on the door as per. Two or three of my regulars sadly can't make it on this occasion and as such there are currently five stalls remaining which are on general sale on a first come first come served basis. If you or anyone you know would like to take one please don't hesitate to call me on 07980 274 383.

Thanks again to Steve for organising another Romsey in ever challenging times, and I look forward to seeing all those of you who will be travelling to Redditch.

Old Man Oakley
Roach

Post by Old Man Oakley »

I really do enjoy Romsey, looking forward to it weeks in advance each time. Lovely to see Geoff aka Chubman, and a few other faces. Thank you to who ever takes the time and trouble to organise it. It is appreciated. OMO
Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I hear a certain 'Maggot Boy' took 4 tables!

My overall impression is that there were less through the door again and that those that did come weren't buying much.

Tonkin Wand
Grayling

Post by Tonkin Wand »

Always look forward to Romsey with great anticipation and the last one did not disappoint. I noted that there was a pronounced increase in very modern tackle is creeping in. Even non fishing tackle related items being on display.When the theme of the show becomes fudged the attraction goes for me!!!!

JAA
Crucian Carp

Post by JAA »

Nobby wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:38 pm My overall impression is that there were less through the door again and that those that did come weren't buying much.
Seemed that way to me, and I also thought there was a lot of stuff that no-one was likely to buy, particularly f/s reels.
¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯ ><(((º>
Cole aka JAA
https://crucians.org/
https://www.anotherangler.net/

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”