Winders keepers

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Cane
Grayling

Winders keepers

Post by Cane »

A good day at Romsey and a chance to take a sneaky peak at Jeff Della Mura’s new book “ Winders keepers” which is unsurprisingly all about the history of float winders, all two hundred years of them. Excellent photographic skill and five years of research lead Jeff to publish this book.
I managed to get through about twenty of the three hundred odd pages before Jeff appeared at my side to tell me more about it all. Tonkin Wand then put in an appearance and bought a copy of the book which, after a certain amount of bribery, he has kindly said I can borrow. In the meantime I shall hunt down and buff up my old winders ready for further inspection and classification.
In the mud and scum of things, something always, always sings!
Mrs Wigg's philosophy

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Re: Winders keepers

Post by Wallys-Cast »

I had a quick look through the book a few weeks back and yes it's another fabulous creation from Jeff.
Sure to be another much sought after book.

Wal.

Greenwells Glory
Minnow

Post by Greenwells Glory »

Who's the publisher?

Cane
Grayling

Post by Cane »

‎Coch-y-Bonddu Books
In the mud and scum of things, something always, always sings!
Mrs Wigg's philosophy

Greenwells Glory
Minnow

Post by Greenwells Glory »

Cane wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:03 pm ‎Coch-y-Bonddu Books
Thank you Cane, I'm on the case! Cheers

Fredline
Tench

Post by Fredline »

I bought mine last week. Trust me it is a gem. How can you write so much about a simple piece of fishing equipment and make it interesting? J D M has done it again. I read the proof copy earlier this year and the official edition does not disappoint.
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

TemeLAD
Crucian Carp

Post by TemeLAD »

Ordered my copy for collection from the VTF Redditch next month. I’ve had sneak previews over the years and it’s a real credit to Jeff :Hat:
"I can't wait to buy a bamboo pole and a filament of line and a tube of breadcrumbs. I want to participate in this practice which allows a man to be alone with himself in dignity and peace. It seems a very precious thing to me".

John Steinbeck

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

:Hat: What nobody has yet mentioned is that there is a section on floats which is stunning.
I should be receiving my copy in the next couple of days, but I have seen the work in progress during the evolution of the book.
Not just a book, more a labour of love and a work of art.
Hats off to Jeff :Hat:
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

PondLife
Perch

Post by PondLife »

Got mine this week. I've only had a quick scan and it looks absolutely amazing.

TemeLAD
Crucian Carp

Post by TemeLAD »

TemeLAD wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:14 pm Ordered my copy for collection from the VTF Redditch next month. I’ve had sneak previews over the years and it’s a real credit to Jeff :Hat:
Picked my copy up yesterday - what a visual delight in every respect, great photos, wonderful reference material, a book I am sure to return to time and time again. Jeffs last book Hooked on Floats is no longer in print and even if you could find one you would be lucky to pick one up for 3x the original price.

:Hat:
"I can't wait to buy a bamboo pole and a filament of line and a tube of breadcrumbs. I want to participate in this practice which allows a man to be alone with himself in dignity and peace. It seems a very precious thing to me".

John Steinbeck

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”