River Roding 2022

This forum belongs to the River Roding.
Tengisgol
Barbel

Re: River Roding 2022

Post by Tengisgol »

Ljm183 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:06 am
NickH76 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:18 pm Hi everyone, does anyone know if you are allowed to fish the river Roding by Abridge? I’ve tried investigating online but can’t find any clubs that run that stretch.
I was always told that the Roding is free fishing downstream of Passingford Bridge all the way to the Thames. :Thumb:
That’s incorrect I’m afraid. I can say for certain that this part of the river is like most places; you need landowner permission to access and fish (or from those who have the fishing rights).
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Tengisgol wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:32 am
Ljm183 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:06 am
NickH76 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:18 pm Hi everyone, does anyone know if you are allowed to fish the river Roding by Abridge? I’ve tried investigating online but can’t find any clubs that run that stretch.
I was always told that the Roding is free fishing downstream of Passingford Bridge all the way to the Thames. :Thumb:
That’s incorrect I’m afraid. I can say for certain that this part of the river is like most places; you need landowner permission to access and fish (or from those who have the fishing rights).
Sadly true. Upstream From Wanstead, through Wanstead Park and up to and beyond the junction of the North Circular and M11, it runs through land held by the Corporation of the City of London (residual parts of Epping Forest that go in as far as Plashet Park near were I live in Stratford). With most of the associated lakes and ponds, the City is crystal clear on which you can fish with simply a Rod Licence and which you can’t fish. However, they are surprisingly silent as regards to the Roding.

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

NickH76
Stickleback

Post by NickH76 »

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I am going to try the council owned stretch between Debden and Buckhurst Hill. I’ve walked along the bank several times now and it does look really nice with a few deeper pools and possible fish holding snags but I’ve yet to see any fish larger than shoals of minnows (I’m hoping for a chub). Does anyone else on the forum fish this section?

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

I used to as a lad... the S bend and Bombhole downstream from the weir were always good for perch and chub... mind you that was in the 70's so you can probably step across it there now
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Return to “River Roding”