L’eman’s Special Bar lure

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Argyll Trout Fisher
Ruffe

L’eman’s Special Bar lure

Post by Argyll Trout Fisher »

On a recent trip this lure proved better than all the rest, old and new! Can anyone tell me about it? Where , when made and by whom?
B62D83EA-FD07-4932-8BDC-15F19B793156.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Duncan F. Mac

Olly
Wild Carp

Re: L’eman’s Special Bar lure

Post by Olly »

Found this:-
https://www.lemlitx.com. ????????? xxxxxxxxxxxxx - - - amended as possible scammer - - 19/10/22

I wonder if it got its name from Lac Leman in Swiss/French border?
Last edited by Olly on Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Argyll Trout Fisher
Ruffe

Thanks for reply Olly. Definitely the same lure. I think I had 2 of them and the other one was the smaller 10 gr one. So these are on sale in the states it appears?
Duncan F. Mac

Redtag
Stickleback

Post by Redtag »

Following Olly's link, the spoons in the two sets of images have the hooks and swivels mounted at opposite ends. It is shown in my 1968 Allcocks Anglers Guide with the hooks mounted at the narrow end (aids hooking) in lengths of 1½" (5g), 2" (10g), 2¼" (15g) and 2¾" (2og). These were priced at 3/10d, 4/-, 4/5½d and 5/- including the dreaded purchase tax! The action is presumably altered by mounting the hooks at the opposite end of the lure.

Argyll Trout Fisher
Ruffe

Red tag, thanks for reply. Is this actual lure in the 1968. Allcock’s book? After looking around the net for a similar modern lure one of the contenders was an Allcock’s lure actually.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334032677683
I’ve ordered a few from the site suggested by Olly. I think it’s a Canadian company so hope I don’t have to pay additional duty!
Duncan F. Mac

Redtag
Stickleback

Post by Redtag »

Hi ATF, yes the lure is in the 1968 guide on P. 160, in case you are able to view it somewhere. Looking at it again, I notice that the word "Bar" is embossed on it, French for bass. Perhaps there are other French sea-fishing lures available which are very similar. Allcocks guide also has a "Le Leman" spoon listed, but that is a willow-leaf shape, not at all like the Leman.

Argyll Trout Fisher
Ruffe

Red tag and Olly, many thanks for your efforts here to help me identify and possibly acquire some more of these lures. In time I hope to have the knowledge to contribute towards helping others - for now I much appreciate the brilliant support, kindness and knowledge provided.
Duncan F. Mac

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Thank you - I had forgotten about Halcyon lures - although they don't have that name and perhaps not made by Allcock! BUT are a very successful lure that I have used. Not dissimilar to an Abu. Both have a fluttery effect giving off vibrations.

I will buy some more - no idea where the older ones are - for next year's salmon spinning.

Argyll Trout Fisher
Ruffe

Just an update an a warning to anyone else who might consider using the website https://www.lemlitx.com/index.php?main_ ... _id=315359
I ordered some of the lures discussed in the post back in June and have heard nothing. Email inquiries are being ignored and now if you click on the link you are getting a warning notice not to open the site.
Duncan F. Mac

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”