Boilies and pellets

This forum is for discussing tench.
Mr B
Arctic Char

Re: Boilies and pellets

Post by Mr B »

Moley wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:54 pm The simplest way to put a hard pellet to a hook is via an elastic bait band. These can be purchased in any tackle shop.

This is what Fatty does:

1. Take the band out of the container they come in from the shop. Do not tip too many out as they go everywhere and are reet so and so's to plck up.

2. Place your chosen pellet in the band....this can be tricksy. But help is at hand with a bespoke little device that stretches the band allowing the old fool with shakey hands to put the pellet in the band.

3. Now this is the good bit. Place the banded pellet on the hook, either by running the hook point through the elastic band, or slipping the hook under the elastic and resting it on the bend of the hook in both cases.

4. Ping pellets at float, preferably a good Waggler and watch the float sail away to every bite.

5. The hardest part is getting the right sized band for the pellet size.

That's it so simple it makes you weep about all the fish you have missed out on over the years!

As ever,.....,

Moley
Thanks Moley, been some good tips.. albeit a little more complicated than I thought...
In my simple mind I was thinking of soaking them to a degree then putting them on the hook.... but as I said... never used them before...
Interesting stuff all round and it seems the fish like em!

Thanks again and keep up the good fishing and pie making and eating.... they sound fantastic!
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Homer Simpson
Grayling

Post by Homer Simpson »

Here is an example of a banding tool.

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Homer Simpson wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:29 am Here is an example of a banding tool.

Thanks Homer,
I did a bit of research and like the lasso..
same thing as making a hair rig but replace the grass stalk with a pellet. Interesting stuff. I didn't realised there was so many ways!

Thanks again all.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

I have made a groove around the pellet - and made a lasso (the above reminded me) - and put the pellet in it on the end of the hair.

Return to “Tench (Tinca tinca)”