Walking boots

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Martin James
Eel

Re: Walking boots

Post by Martin James »

Haix boots cold wet weather brown every time, they have never let me down.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

I've heard good things about these by Vans :tea:

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Thank you for all the feedback chap's :Hat:
I was hoping for at least one vote for some traditional Italian hand made leather boots :Chuckle:
Plenty of food for thought

Wallyboy Rob
Chub
Location: On the Wally as often as possible ( Portsmouth area)

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

:Hat: Whatever you buy tel make sure it matches your pikey hat
going with the flow - You gotta luv them gonks

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson
from the back cover of Wall and piece - Banksy

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Wallyboy Rob wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:16 pm :Hat: Whatever you buy tel make sure it matches your pikey hat
As mentioned many times Sir Robert of Wally that hat goes with any attire :Hat:

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Dave Burr wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:54 pm I've heard good things about these by Vans :tea:

An excellent choice young Dave, for all round comfort but not recommended for long distance walking.

Vans are great warm weather stealth shoes for sneaking up on fish, as opposed to clumping around in the swim with heavy boots, alerting every margin fish on your bank.

As ever,....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Meindl for me. They've always strood the test of great comfort over time and I'm hard on boots

Bobby Marlene
Arctic Char

Post by Bobby Marlene »

Yes, Meindl all the way! Meindl is for boots what Swarovski is for sport optics, the quality is the best in the market and the after sales service is legendary. When the soles of my pair were worn out after many years of hard walking they replaced them for free!

Kev D
Chub

Post by Kev D »

Duckett wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:17 pm If you like traditional looking boots in leather that don’t take an age of blisters to walk in, then l heartily recommend Altberg, from that well known German speaking enclave called Richmond, North Yorkshire!

https://www.altberg.co.uk/

For my normal fishing, I buy almost anything. However, for stalking, rugged or damp terrain fishing and my walking I use Altberg. They were recommended to me by my outdoors loving chiropodist when I was being treated for a foot problem and I’ve never looked back. One big plus is that they come in a range of width fittings. Not cheap but comfortable and reliable.

Phil
Similar to Altbergs : l virtually live in Haix "High Liability" ex military boots. The high tongue and rubberized strip around the toecap and lower edge really do mean you can wade through shallow water and damp grass without wet feet.
20220524_211233_resized.jpg
The second hand ones l buy are bearly worn-in and only cost around £30.
I've also just invested in a pair of the slightly lighter "Patrol" version for a similar price for a walking holiday.
I too have suffered with foot trouble ,due to to years of cross country running in my case, and these boots don't cause any problems.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Kev D on Wed May 25, 2022 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In order to shoot some close-ups, wildlife photographer ,the late Len Scapstillon, lured the orca to him by dressing as a seal.......

Wally Roy
Roach

Post by Wally Roy »

I always wear Grisport boots, very comfortable, waterproof and a reasonable price.

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”