CountryFile podcast with Chris Yates

Listen to recordings of all things angling.
Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Re: CountryFile podcast with Chris Yates

Post by Tench Dreamer »

I enjoyed this as always . i think in a way i enjoy the podcasts more that video. I listen and my brain takes me there in a different way - bit like sport on radio

Hovis
Tench

Post by Hovis »

Tench Dreamer wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 4:02 pm I enjoyed this as always . i think in a way i enjoy the podcasts more that video. I listen and my brain takes me there in a different way - bit like sport on radio
I agree Martin. Let your mind go to work. One of my true joys in life is listening to the cricket. Even if Yorkshire are struggling for a win. If only we had some bowlers....
I have laid aside business, and gone a'fishing.

Izaak Walton

Kev Parr
Perch

Post by Kev Parr »

Thanks both. And I totally agree on listening to cricket. Being a Hampshire lad this season has been pretty good so far!

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Kev Parr wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:07 pm Hi All

This might well be of interest. I recorded a podcast with Chris Yates in mid-March for CountryFile Magazine. There's a bit of fishing chat, but more words about hares, hen harriers and turnips. And he was in fine form...

https://podfollow.com/886112661/episode ... f2187/view

best Kev
An enjoyable listen Kev, but I must say that I was horrified and at once not surprised that the gorse and scrub had been removed in its entirety by the sound of it. Fortunately the management of such habitats here in North Norfolk are more carefully maintained and areas for reptiles are left intact. It may be an idea to follow up the disappointment with a cursory phone call or email (if you have not already) to highlight the need for keeping some areas intact.

Regards

Peter
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Hovis
Tench

Post by Hovis »

Kev Parr wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:16 am Thanks both. And I totally agree on listening to cricket. Being a Hampshire lad this season has been pretty good so far!
Indeed it has. Great podcast too. You can feel the passion for the natural world throughout
I have laid aside business, and gone a'fishing.

Izaak Walton

Kev Parr
Perch

Post by Kev Parr »

Pallenpool wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:29 am
An enjoyable listen Kev, but I must say that I was horrified and at once not surprised that the gorse and scrub had been removed in its entirety by the sound of it. Fortunately the management of such habitats here in North Norfolk are more carefully maintained and areas for reptiles are left intact. It may be an idea to follow up the disappointment with a cursory phone call or email (if you have not already) to highlight the need for keeping some areas intact.

Regards

Peter
[/quote]

Thank you very much, Peter.

Chris has certainly made noises in the directions needed and others have, too. Sadly, the 'damage' has been done and is largely shrugged off.

I had a bit of a do with the management of a local nature reserve a few years ago. I felt they were being overexuberant with scrub clearance (that was potentially impacting the adder population) and was told that they were managing the land for marsh fritillaries. The problem was that they had volunteer days and wanted to ensure that the volunteers were 'kept busy', and each year more and more scrub was cleared with little, apparent, planning process.

The crazy thing was that they then focussed on the main area where the marsh frits appeared - and in really good number (lots of devil's bit scabious). But one winter they cleared and burned almost all of the gorse - seemingly unaware that the marsh frit larvae overwinter in silk 'nests' in the gorse. The following spring only 2 marsh frits were counted on site - and in that same area where the year before I had found 4 different mature female adders on territory, I found none. And once they're gone.....

Kev Parr
Perch

Post by Kev Parr »

Hovis wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:09 pm
Kev Parr wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:16 am Thanks both. And I totally agree on listening to cricket. Being a Hampshire lad this season has been pretty good so far!
Indeed it has. Great podcast too. You can feel the passion for the natural world throughout
Thank you, Hovis.

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Finagot around to listening to this whilst on the train today and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Excellent stuff Kev :Thumb: Please let us know of anymore podcasts :Hat:

Kev Parr
Perch

Post by Kev Parr »

Liphook wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:38 pm Finagot around to listening to this whilst on the train today and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Excellent stuff Kev :Thumb: Please let us know of anymore podcasts :Hat:
Will do! Thank you very much, Liphook!

Return to “Pod Casts and Radio Recordings Etc”