Funtley fun and frolics.

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Moley
Brown Trout

Re: Funtley fun and frolics.

Post by Moley »

Wanderer wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:15 am Good luck with the new Stanley vacuum flask, Mr mole.
In my opinion, the new stuff ( like so many more things) isn't a patch on the old flasks.

All the best.
The old Stanley was rusty and smelt musty but was fine. Matron :Scared: did not approve.....a new one was delivered for Christmas.

It is nice and clean and shiney but seems lighter in construction(less metal).

Time will tell Wanderer.
Lea Dweller wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:41 pm Well done Mr Mole, again! You are definitely getting some great results, this time with some cracking Tench! Matron would be so proud! :Ok:
Ted you must exist in a parallel universe, one in which Matron :Scared: is kind and well meaning and Cares for her spouse.....'cos it ain't in this one!

Still kind words and good intentions. But see what Dante had to say about good intentions. Must say the rod is spot on though for tench. Still got the barmy Bill rod as I would be interested?
Liphook wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:01 pm Nice tenching Moley :Hat:

I had a pair of those chequered Vans back in the day when I rode bmx, so nearly 40 years ago...I wonder does Mr Yeats now endorse them with his skater mates?

Back to the pies.....hmnnn :Sun:
Chequered Vans are brilliant.....not sure they need an endorsement from Chris though.

Pies are a source of happiness, make no mistake!
Wallyboy Rob wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:24 pm Well played Mr Mole, Jock is a good bloke and keeps Funtley in good fettle. There have been some very good Tench coming from Sinah, my pal Esox Sean had a pb of 8lb 2 the other day.

Yet to fish Sinah young Rob as it is a bit far for me.
Jock seems nice enough.
Wally Roy wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:12 pm Another very entertaining read Moley and some lovely Tench mean the choice of footwear can be forgiven
Funtley has some good middle weight tench in it.

Like the place and just about the nearest padas water apart from the Wally.
Grumpy wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:09 pm A fine catch of Tincas Mr Mole.On the subject of footwear,take a look at these rascals.

Dare you to wear those fishing Grumpy and if you get bored you could always attach them to your hook and pretend to catch them.,.....

Hopefully replied to all the contributors.

As ever,.....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Squire Moley, I went tench fishing this morning and missed my only bite. I figure I need a new good luck charm so..... what was the name of those shoes again? :surrender:

Grumpy
Arctic Char

Post by Grumpy »

Moley wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:15 pm
Wanderer wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:15 am Good luck with the new Stanley vacuum flask, Mr mole.
In my opinion, the new stuff ( like so many more things) isn't a patch on the old flasks.

All the best.
The old Stanley was rusty and smelt musty but was fine. Matron :Scared: did not approve.....a new one was delivered for Christmas.

Time will tell Wanderer.
Lea Dweller wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:41 pm Well done Mr Mole, again! You are definitely getting some great results, this time with some cracking Tench! Matron would be so proud! :Ok:
Ted you must exist in a parallel universe, one in which Matron :Scared: is kind and well meaning and Cares for her spouse.....'cos it ain't in this one!

Still kind words and good intentions. But see what Dante had to say about good intentions. Must say the rod is spot on though for tench. Still got the barmy Bill rod as I would be interested?

I had a pair of those chequered Vans back in the day when I rode bmx, so nearly 40 years ago...I wonder does Mr Yeats now endorse them with his skater mates?

Chequered Vans are brilliant.....not sure they need an endorsement from Chris though.

Wallyboy Rob wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:24 pm Well played Mr Mole, Jock is a good bloke and keeps Funtley in good fettle. There have been some very good Tench coming from Sinah, my pal Esox Sean had a pb of 8lb 2 the other day.

Jock seems nice enough.
Wally Roy wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:12 pm Another very entertaining read Moley and some lovely Tench mean the choice of footwear can be forgiven

Grumpy wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:09 pm A fine catch of Tincas Mr Mole.On the subject of footwear,take a look at these rascals.

Dare you to wear those fishing Grumpy and if you get bored you could always attach them to your hook and pretend to catch them.,.....

As ever,.....

Moley
I already have Moley!They were let out of captivity last year on a boiling hot day on the river Severn.My mate Bob was not impressed.Comfy and cool though!

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Dave Burr wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:47 pm Squire Moley, I went tench fishing this morning and missed my only bite. I figure I need a new good luck charm so..... what was the name of those shoes again? :surrender:
looking

You know it makes sense Dave. The shoemaker of distinction is VANS......down with the kids and comfortable; you just can't believe how on trend Fatty is.

Did you try deep shallow Waggler.....bet you didn't!

Also pole floats fished on yer normal tench rods, as long as they be Drennan and set up for smallish. Carp are good and worth having a go with.

Stick with me kid and you won't go wrong :Tongue:

As ever,.....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Grumpy wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:59 pm
Moley wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:15 pm

All the best.

Time will tell Wanderer.

Jock seems nice enough.

As ever,.....

Moley
I already have Moley!They were let out of captivity last year on a boiling hot day on the river Severn.My mate Bob was not impressed.Comfy and cool though!
Brilliant.

Make 'em yer fishing foot wear and get a pic.....you never know they could catch on.

As ever ....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Speaking from experience Moley do not discard your old Stanley! They are vastly superior to the newer versions! Deep clean internally with bicarbonate of soda, and if necessary touch up the external paintwork with hammmerite. They are irreplaceable (unless someone knows better?)

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”