Chris Yates new short....

This forum belongs to Chris Yates.
Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: Chris Yates new short....

Post by Dave Burr »

Throughout my early years of reading Chris Yates' work, I wondered if he may be like a cult leader, leaving his followers to drink the poison tea whilst he drives off in a Rolls Royce. But no, he is a genuine eccentric. Like the old hermit or maybe Yoda, he sits in a rambling shelter and spouts acquired wisdom to his visitors. Follow him, learn from him by all means but copying him would make you the mad man.

I'm not sure whether to applaud him or ring Social Services :Chuckle:

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Dave Burr wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:25 amI'm not sure whether to applaud him or ring Social Services :Chuckle:
:laugh1:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Shucks Chris, crack shot with the blow pipe! ( but did it have sights?)
Well he seems to be enjoying himself in a very harmless and peaceful kind of way and I suppose, thats what its all about.
Not quite sure how to take that one? And I'm tired.
Doesn't really matter, he is just a person like all of us.
Enjoy life I say, make the most of every day.
Thanks for the video.
Off to Uncle Ned
Mr B
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Shropshire Lad
Perch

Post by Shropshire Lad »

I enjoyed it , Chris's place could do with a paintjob though.

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Excellent author, thinker, angler and national treasure but a dreadful house keeper! I don't mind the books and clutter so much - my late father in law was similar - but that's a kitchen I'd just have to clean. I think it's fair to call CY a true English eccentric in the best of ways. I too absolutely loved the doorbell :Thumb:

Paul F
Sea Trout

Post by Paul F »

Wow, very eccentric! Did anybody notice when he pulls the line through the rod an Aerial reel is on the rod, when he cast, a solid drum reel (Barder?) is on the rod :Confused:

PeteD
Rudd

Post by PeteD »

What a great film! I really enjoyed that. It seems Heitor Da Silva is an exceptionally talented Norwegian-Brazilian street skateboarder. There are lots of videos of him in action on YouTube.

Trilob
Chub

Post by Trilob »

Paul F wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:49 pm Wow, very eccentric! Did anybody notice when he pulls the line through the rod an Aerial reel is on the rod, when he cast, a solid drum reel (Barder?) is on the rod :Confused:
Didn't he set up that rod for his guest?

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Paul F wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:49 pm Wow, very eccentric! Did anybody notice when he pulls the line through the rod an Aerial reel is on the rod, when he cast, a solid drum reel (Barder?) is on the rod :Confused:
The first reel (Allcock Aerial) was for Heitor. CY used his Barder reel.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Cane
Grayling

Post by Cane »

Interesting film. I found it a bit worrying to start with as he wasn’t as most of us have seen him, but it soon picked up. I’d love to know where he got that blow pipe from. He obviously practices a lot.
As usual, he speaks a lot of truth. Always amuses me to see people in full cammo gear or the woods, when, as Chris says, just learning to keep still for an hour or two will render anyone invisible to wildlife, regardless of what you wear.
Nice to see him showing the young lad a proper rod and reel :Chuckle:
In the mud and scum of things, something always, always sings!
Mrs Wigg's philosophy

Return to “Chris Yates”