Abshot Fatty.

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
CraigM
Grayling

Re: Abshot Fatty.

Post by CraigM »

Nice one Moley.

Great catch & chores done.

Multi tasking at it's finest !

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

Well done Moley - a great session. Ive had four blanks recently so I am very jealous !!
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

well done Squire Mole

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Dave Burr wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:53 pm well done Squire Mole
Thank you Dave. Hope you too can get out soon and catch a few.
Troydog wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:38 pm Well done Moley - a great session. Ive had four blanks recently so I am very jealous !!
Maybe the water you are fishing is too hard.....has it got any fish in it? Not as daft a question as it sounds. Fatty once did an over nighter on a swimming pool and only realised it was such when daylight showed the error of his ways..... don't ask.

Let's just say the oaf who was fishing with Fatty at the time was equally unblessed in the brains dept.

Definitely not the brains trust then.

CraigM wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:57 pm Nice one Moley.

Chores come first, unless Fatty wants to face down the Wrath of Khan once more.....just not worth it!!!!

Multi-tasking, always. Needs must to keep e step ahead of Matron :Scared:
Wally Roy wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:20 am Excellent days fishing some fine Roach there,hope you enjoyed your celebratory beers.

Beers thoroughly enjoyed Roy. Better still the Beast never realised.
Wallyboy Rob wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:03 pm Another plus for Abshot and my pie chomping-tea guzzling chum, super Roach my friend, could be a contender for the clubs Roach trophy :Hat: Steve Mottershead will be stoked you had such a specimen. Great Tinca tempting aswell, I hope you enjoyed the celebration ales 🍺before Matron :Scared: came home and made you have a bath
It's just nice to know that roach of such magnitude exist on local waters. Beers sunk as well before any danger of discovery Young Rob with no loss of any Heirlooms of the Wally variety.
JAA wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:47 pm Nice one pie-man.

'Hairy Pooter' hehe.
So named in honour of JK Rowling's opinions regarding LGBTQ carryings on. JAA
Say aye tae'a pie!

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Moley wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:13 pm
Dave Burr wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:53 pm well done Squire Mole
Thank you Dave. Hope you too can get out soon and catch a few.
Troydog wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:38 pm Well done Moley - a great session. Ive had four blanks recently so I am very jealous !!
Maybe the water you are fishing is too hard.....has it got any fish in it? Not as daft a question as it sounds. Fatty once did an over nighter on a swimming pool and only realised it was such when daylight showed the error of his ways..... don't ask.

Let's just say the oaf who was fishing with Fatty at the time was equally unblessed in the brains dept.

Definitely not the brains trust then.

Chores come first, unless Fatty wants to face down the Wrath of Khan once more.....just not worth it!!!!

Multi-tasking, always. Needs must to keep e step ahead of Matron :Scared:
Wally Roy wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:20 am Excellent days fishing some fine Roach there,hope you enjoyed your celebratory beers.

Beers thoroughly enjoyed Roy. Better still the Beast never realised.
Wallyboy Rob wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:03 pm Another plus for Abshot and my pie chomping-tea guzzling chum, super Roach my friend, could be a contender for the clubs Roach trophy :Hat: Steve Mottershead will be stoked you had such a specimen. Great Tinca tempting aswell, I hope you enjoyed the celebration ales 🍺before Matron :Scared: came home and made you have a bath
It's just nice to know that roach of such magnitude exist on local waters. Beers sunk as well before any danger of discovery Young Rob with no loss of any Heirlooms of the Wally variety.
JAA wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:47 pm Nice one pie-man.

'Hairy Pooter' hehe.
So named in honour of JK Rowling's opinions regarding LGBTQ carryings on JAA

Lea Dweller wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:06 pm Well done Mr Mole, a wonderful catch on interesting tackle! :Hat:
Thanks Ted. The tackle used is always of interest and seems to attract Roach.
Wanderer wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:55 pm Lovely fish, the Roach in particular.
It is good that some waters still exist that haven't been spoilt by the stocking (and overstocking) of Carp, Ide and in some cases sturgeon and Catfish.

Good luck for your fishing in the future.
Getting fewer and fewer Wanderer. Abshot is a real gem if s little weedy!
TrentFisher wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:47 pm Fabulous post,amazing session.

Now that's got me dreaming of planned pole sessions on the Trent this season.
The dream will be 2lb,the reality 1lb the anticipation will always remain high and that keeps me going.

Well done
-Nige.
Glad you enjoyed the posting Nige. A 2lb roach from the Trent In the tidal sections.....now that would be something!

Hopefully all answered but if missed don't take it personally just remember Fatty is rubbish with techno stuff.

As ever, .....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Wallyboy Rob
Chub
Location: On the Wally as often as possible ( Portsmouth area)

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

I fished Abshot last Wednesday and had a blinder with nine Crucians, five Tench, two Rudd, a Perch and a Roach completing the Abshot GrandSlam, I also saw my first Nuthatch for quite a few years :Ok:

going with the flow - You gotta luv them gonks

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson
from the back cover of Wall and piece - Banksy

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Well done young Rob splendid effort.

No pies mentioned so can only assume none scoffed....this travelling light has severe limitations you know.

Also it would seem no Wally Boy heirlooms, passed down from generation to generation of Wally Boys was lost or damaged, so all good then!

Abshot is a gem and delightfull to fish. Join PADAS if you can as waters of this calibre are rare and need care and resources to thrive.

Looking forward to hoiking the record record Gonk from the Wally and waving under your nose Young Rob in the coming season. Fatty has devised a cunning plan to make it so in the river closed season.....it is all coming together satisfactorily. Those tricksy big Gonks just won't know what's hit them.

As ever,......

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Wallyboy Rob
Chub

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

Just sarnies and a banana that day my friend, the absence of the Mole meant an absence of a pedigree pie. Heirlooms intact I look forward to the upcoming Wally bonanza, we have competition for our quest for the Gonk record as my good chum Keston has just rejoined the club, probably seeing Abshot when he visited Abshot to see us a few weeks ago helped that decision :wave:

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Good news about your mate rejoining Young Rob.....the more the merrier :Hat:

Went back yesterday and had a shedful of these:

To be fair they were a bit of a pest and seemed to bully the other fish off the baits.

These were a nice change putting up a decent scrap on the Harvey Torbut Rod and pole float set up:

Some were a good size and colour.

Just the one Mrs Madrigal.

The same for pies as the others had been scoffed at home.....tasty chicken and leek, courtesy of the pie machine. This is a truly wonderful invention, cutting pie making time in half for every type apart from Pork Pies.....which have a different pastry and need time.

Personally it is my belief the Crucian feed better in the morning....did you catch your five first thing Young Rob?

Starting at 1500hrs perhaps cut down my chances of more; who knows?

No roach or perch showed but did see a big orange and white fish, looking distinctly Koi Like?

If this is the case does it represent a threat to the Crucian Status of the water? Does Steve know?

As ever,.......

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Wallyboy Rob
Chub

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

I'll let Steve know that there may be a koi in there Moley, thanks for letting me know. I can't understand why people do it, some Thomas Watt has released a Terrapin into Southwick pool on the Wally which means we've got to get it out and probably have to dispatch it unless we can find it a new tank to live in...rant over

I had my Crucians all through the day and a chap jumped in the swim as I packed up and had another.

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”