Edition of a Book

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Walkerburt
Roach

Re: Edition of a Book

Post by Walkerburt »

ImageImageImageThere’s good news and not so good news:

Regional Angling Literature by Ron Coleby is the good news, the bad news being that it doesn’t cover coarse fishing, nor does it cover the whole of the U.K. (see images)

There’s also better news:

Paul Morgan of Coch-y-Bondhu Books is compiling a bibliography, which will be much more up to date.. perhaps if you know the title of the book in question, visit www.anglebooks.co.uk , put the title into the search box top right, and when the book is featured, look at “additional information”. Failing that, ring Paul, he’s one of the good guys, and ask for help - you’ll get it.
The Watcher by the Bridge

Walkerburt
Roach

Post by Walkerburt »

Instant correction at no extra cost…the website is www.anglebooks.com
The Watcher by the Bridge

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

Hi Mark,

I am sure that there is an American site which has a worldwide index, but I cannot find it at the moment.

I also note that you are loathe to use the British library - but I have had good results from this - I save some old books also - Typically I have just done a search on their website for "Angling ways Hardy" [Just a random selection] and came up with the following - you might be able to get a good start there: Here is a jpeg of part of the depth of results back, which give indication of dates and editions :

Peter

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”