March 10th 1934

This forum belongs to Redmire Pool.
Kev Parr
Perch

March 10th 1934

Post by Kev Parr »

ImageHi All

I dare say this has been seen and shared many times before. But good to see the receipt record of that stocking is still intact 88 years on…..

Best Kev

Catfish.017
Eel

Re: March 10th 1934

Post by Catfish.017 »

Who could have known the impact that modest transaction would have on the future of Carp fishing for decades to come? An event that served to elevate the status of an equally modest little Herefordshire pool to a Mecca like shrine for anglers right up to the present day! I wonder who actually tipped out that precious bucketful on that fateful day?

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Whoever wielded that bucket had no idea of the spell they were casting.

If you speak to many modern carpers, you often get the response "Redmire? Never heard of it".

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Dave Burr wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:58 am Whoever wielded that bucket had no idea of the spell they were casting.

If you speak to many modern carpers, you often get the response "Redmire? Never heard of it".
Or they think Dick Walker was the host of catchphrase

SussexMan
Bleak

Post by SussexMan »

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the Leney ledgers were lodged at the Carp Society Hall of Fame so that everybody could appreciate them? ...with adequate security in place, naturally...

Goosequill
Dace

Post by Goosequill »

Who has the ledgers now, i recall Chris Yates had them on the Monsrer Myths episode of Passion? The entire list of Leney carp stockings, by county, would be fascinating to see. The monster myths lake was a lovely example of how there was still lakes, in the 1980s, albeit not accessible to anyone but aristocrats, that lay unfished with Leney carp......i suspect all such places are long gone of their Leneys.

Return to “Redmire Pool”