Wm Young Rapidex

The Grice and Young Reels forum.
Robbi
Tench

Wm Young Rapidex

Post by Robbi »

Had a lovely wander around St George's Market in Belfast today, found one of those wonderful stalls that sold every type of rubbish that was probably rescued from a skip.
Under the display table there was a box of old reels, the usual broken and battered fixed spool reels, fly reels that had line on them that was so old it had fused into one lump.... You all know the type of box and reels I'm talking about.

And then......

Buried in the depths of prutrification I saw an old reel full of rotting fly line that had two handles :Wink: a closer look showed a Rapidex that unbelievably span freely, the ratchet worked as it should, a bit of paint loss on the face but inside is absolutely fine and in great condition

I didn't even hagle on the price..... A tenner well spent I reckon :cheers:

I think it's a lovely little centre pin and with a bit of fettling will make a great user.

By the way, Belfast as a city was absolutely bouncing in the sunshine today, lots and lots of street food, music, pavement cafe culture, it was really Parisian, good to see. :Ok:
Last edited by Robbi on Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In the back roads by the rivers of my memory"

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Re: Wm Young Repidex

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Well done Robbi, that's a great find mate. :Thumb: I used to love a mooch through the boxes under the stall tables.

A beautiful day over here in Co Durham too, in fact it has been a lovely all week.

Wal.

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

Great post - well done Robbi, you fully deserved that piece of treasure - magic day in Belfast by the sound of it !
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

You cannot beat sorting through a load of cast offs, then finding a real gem! Well done!😍
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Grumpy
Arctic Char

Post by Grumpy »

What a great find.Where there's muck there's reels!

Robbi
Tench

Post by Robbi »

Lea Dweller wrote: ↑Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:21 pm You cannot beat sorting through a load of cast offs, then finding a real gem! Well done!😍
I see what you did there 😜 very good πŸ˜„
"In the back roads by the rivers of my memory"

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Robbi wrote: ↑Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:00 am
Lea Dweller wrote: ↑Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:21 pm You cannot beat sorting through a load of cast offs, then finding a real gem! Well done!😍
I see what you did there 😜 very good πŸ˜„
To be honest Robbi, I didn't realise the 'cast offs' connection until you mentioned it, it was unintentional! :clap:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

OhMyGoodness
Bleak

Re: Wm Young Rapidex

Post by OhMyGoodness »

Although really this should be listed as Allcocks Youngs not Grice and Youngs reels forum.

Return to β€œGrice and Young Reels”