A brace of Roach, 8lb....

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
GregF
Crucian Carp

Re: A brace of Roach, 8lb....

Post by GregF »

What an incredible result. I was also impressed by the way he looked after his catch, with both fish going back absolutely scale-perfect. An angler who clearly knows his stuff and cares about his quarry, not to mention how dedicated (or insane) he must be, fishing through that storm :shocked:
"Give up haste and ambition, close your mouth, only then will you comprehend the spirit of Tao" - Lao Tze

Ally
Silver Bream

Post by Ally »

Lovely fish. Just like carp fishing though with all the clobber. I used to catch good roach in a big gravel pit with a sliding float but nothing like that sort of size. I wonder how many pits have fish that big

NorfolkTinca
Dace

Post by NorfolkTinca »

I wonder how many catches like this go unreported? Not many, I suspect, but I know of a brace of 5lb-plus perch caught by someone who shunned the limelight.
My biggest fish is not necessarily my best

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

What a fantastic brace of Roach, what superb condition they were in too! They did not look like some of the big 'old warriors' that we have all seen pictures of. Meticulous planning, ultra modern tackle, but what a result, thank you for the heads up! :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

PeteD
Rudd

Post by PeteD »

I had seen this reported in AT last week when I was browsing in the magazine section of Sainsbury's the other day (It almost made me buy it. :Wink: )

A truly magnificent catch so it was great to see that video. It could also serve as a bit of a reminder to us all on here. I sometimes lament the fact that threads on this wonderful forum can occasionally descend into criticism and dismissiveness of anglers who use modern techniques and tackle. This gentleman comes across as passionate, highly skilled and supremely dedicated. A real ambassador for our sport.

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

A highly skilled angler, and so clever to see an opportunity.

I like the idea of a modern " Karper" down the bank getting annoyed as a nuisance fish attacks his boilie and rattles his rod top without getting hooked-- when it' could be a 3lb Roach

Sussex Micky
Arctic Char

Post by Sussex Micky »

Absolutely wonderful. my congratulations , i can begin to understand how he felt inside as I caught four Roach in a session on the River Brede in 1983 with three Roach weighing just over 2lbs and the biggest weiging 2lb 8 '/2oz. knowhere in this league l know but l still remember my excitement to this day..so this is fantastic..my hat of to you sir :Hat:

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Dave Burr wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:51 pm :shocked: I'm actually speechless.
And that is a first! :Hahaha:

But indeed what a brace of fish - absolutely amazing - I was over the moon when I caught a 1.15 and 1.09 in a session years ago - goodness knows where this captor found himself.

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Finally got round to watching this - what a brace indeed! Excellent thinking, determination and fish care - aspects that to me at least are traditional hallmarks of a true angler. Further reading brought more interesting thoughts from the captor on water quality, angling pressure, bait application and predation too. For years I've been slightly ashamed to admit that my own pb roach (in fact my top 3) came entirely by chance to similar bolt rig tactics on a southern 'carp water', although we were targeting and catching the head of big tench that the resident long stay carp anglers also considered nuisance fish. It seemed that on that water the big roach moved in first to our baited area, then got bullied off by the tench only to move back later. We couldn't buy a bite off the better fish of either species in daylight. The highlight of those sessions was my pal Chris catching an double figure tench and 3lb11oz roach to the same rod in one evening - no mean feat! We might not have intended to catch the roach but boy were they welcomed with silly grins. That was over 20 years ago now. How time flies

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

Sussex Micky wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:47 pm Absolutely wonderful. my congratulations , i can begin to understand how he felt inside as I caught four Roach in a session on the River Brede in 1983 with three Roach weighing just over 2lbs and the biggest weiging 2lb 8 '/2oz. knowhere in this league l know but l still remember my excitement to this day..so this is fantastic..my hat of to you sir :Hat:
That is also a session of a lifetime micky, I doubt there would be one angler on this forum who would not like to match your catch. I personally think any roach of a pound plus is a fantastic fish.

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Return to “Fishing Films”