Dynamite

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
Troydog
Tench

Dynamite

Post by Troydog »

Having fun on the Wye at the moment trying to find a swim near Hereford that DOESN’T have a shoal of roach in it. A couple of years ago Old Wulf persuaded me to invest in some 8ml Dynamite pellets that would “empty” the tench lake that we were fishing. They have been in my fishing fridge ever since, so yesterday I thought I would liquidise a cupful, mix with breadcrumb and then use the paste as groundbait whilst trotting through. Another ‘new’ peg, but after fifteen minutes the first of twenty roach made an appearance.
The chap who won the Winter League with 73lbs of bleak two weeks ago, tried much harder yesterday and from a different section he scaled 92lbs of fish to win……
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

Homer Simpson
Grayling

Re: Dynamite

Post by Homer Simpson »

I am a bit confused.
You want to avoid roach, so what were you wanting to catch?

Are we to assume that your dynamite paste is good for roach in your estimation.

EricW
Perch

Post by EricW »

I understand that dynamite was commonly regarded as a good bait for salmon, or so I was told. :Wink: :whistle:
These are the Golden Years. Don't waste them.

Here are some of our fishing films that you may enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrUkLb ... -bz8H_vr7A

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

Sorry for confusion Homer Simpson. Fishing hemp, tare and corn this summer and autumn, Ive caught roach in every swim - more than twenty different ones. So last night I thought I’d try a new swim with a bait I had never used before, and still the roach showed. The river has had a massive explosion of this species. It probably doesn’t matter what bait is being used = some are fishing meat for roach. It is amazing how much we don't know about what goes on under the surface……
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”