Yatesy's Underwater Lake?

This forum belongs to Chris Yates.
Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: Yatesy's Underwater Lake?

Post by Dave Burr »

Has anybody written a letter to the estate to ask for permission to view/visit this extraordinary feature? I've been mesmerised by the concept of the room beneath the very lake on which Chris based Secret Carp. I would love to go there just to experience that unique green light and wonder at the invention of our wealthy predecessors. A well worded request by a chosen representative could bring fruit - it must be worth a go and is surely better than individuals each pestering them?

So, who's got the neatest handwriting?

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Snape is a Teacher of Alchemy.....I think he's the man for the job.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

St.John
Tench

Post by St.John »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:Snape is a Teacher of Alchemy.....I think he's the man for the job.
Seconded.
"Be patient and calm-for no man can catch fish in anger."

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I fear the current owner has to much sport racing over towards trespassers in his Porche and releasing the hounds in the best traditions of Mr. Burns, to ever want to invite people in.

That said, the newly built house is just over the rise of the hill ( God, knows why you'd have a lake and build a house that couldn't see it? ) and his privacy wouldn't be disturbed.......

I couldn't even find a door with a letterbox!

The problem, as I see it, is that he has been pestered by SO many trespassers, just look on Google Images for 'witley park' , to ever want to invite anyopne in ever again.

I also wonder ( hopefully ) how effectively the lake could ever have been netted and if they really did get all the crucians out?

It's a BIG lake though, finding the fish could take a lifetime.

I do find it strange that the owner hasn't done anything about the various trees that have fallen against the North wall of the property next to the footpath, allowing such easy access to woods on the shore. there......

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

I do find it strange that the owner hasn't done anything about the various trees that have fallen against the North wall of the property next to the footpath, allowing such easy access to woods on the shore. there......
I do hope that you are not suggesting a mass TFF trespass now Mr. Burns has a house out of sight of the lake :D

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Mums the word Proff..... :wink:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Return to “Chris Yates”