Angling Times Yearbooks 2,3 and 4

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Troydog
Tench

Angling Times Yearbooks 2,3 and 4

Post by Troydog »

Following the fascinating thread about Tag Barnes I decided to re read all the coarse fishing articles in the above books. Some superb writers and great articles. I think that the discipline of having to write three or hundred words tended to concentrate the writers minds, therefor most articles are 'high content'.
I can't seem to find much about yearbook number one and I haven't seen it for sale. I wondered if anyone else has?
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

Deaf Cat
Grayling

Re: Angling Times Yearbooks 2,3 and 4

Post by Deaf Cat »

A search for "Angling Times Yearbook No. 1" finds a copy of the 1977 yearbook. £16.49 inc. on AbeBooks.co.uk
Duffer - The man without skill of hand, without good eyesight and no longer young - the man who really ought to fish!
(H.M. Bateman / R.D. Peck)

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

Deaf Cat wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:56 pm A search for "Angling Times Yearbook No. 1" finds a copy of the 1977 yearbook. £16.49 inc. on AbeBooks.co.uk
He's after 'The Angling Times Book' which dates from 1955, a very different book.

Catfish.017
Eel

Post by Catfish.017 »

I sold all four through Mullocks last year, part of a big clear out. Can't remember much about No 1 except the excellent Bernard Venables painting on the dust cover. A big perch nestling in the folds of an 'ash hoop' landing net. Superb!

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Troydog - if of any help I have a spare 'The Angling Times Book' 1955 - Edited by Bernard Venables & Howard Marshall - a good clean copy but sadly without the Dust Wrapper.

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

i have the first edition it has great picture on the front by bernard and also has illustrations in it by bernard nice book my copy is fairly good nick but the dust cover is hard to find undamaged as it was made with flimsy paper

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

Thank you for all your help gentlemen. I'm lucky enough to have the dust cover for AT book two - another masterpiece by Bernard Venables - it looks like a chub in a triangular metal large mesh landing net this time!
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”