Another gem from Hardy of 1929 vintage

The Hardy Rods forum.
Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Re: Another gem from Hardy of 1929 vintage

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Paul F wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:59 pm
Wallys-Cast wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:03 pm A very rare rod Paul, top quality and definitely deserves a good rebuild.

It looks likes there's a ground spike inside that butt cap too.

Wal.
Wal, I checked and I am pretty sure you are correct, but it is stuck fast, I will have to get some WD40 on it :Thumb:
Keston wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:02 pm A fine rod . You seem to have a knack of picking up great items of tackle and then using them for the intended purpose ..... catching fish.
Exactly John, What they are intended for, and what reel to match it with :Confused:
I had a sticky butt cap Paul and following advice from Wal I poured boiling water on it.....boy did it sting!
Seriously though, it unscrewed really easily using a rubber glove following a good dose of boiling water.
Lovely rod by the way!
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Paul F
Sea Trout

Re: Another gem from Hardy of 1929 vintage

Post by Paul F »

Jeremy Croxall wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:48 pm
Paul F wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:59 pm
Wallys-Cast wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:03 pm A very rare rod Paul, top quality and definitely deserves a good rebuild.

It looks likes there's a ground spike inside that butt cap too.

Wal.
Wal, I checked and I am pretty sure you are correct, but it is stuck fast, I will have to get some WD40 on it :Thumb:
Keston wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:02 pm A fine rod . You seem to have a knack of picking up great items of tackle and then using them for the intended purpose ..... catching fish.
Exactly John, What they are intended for, and what reel to match it with :Confused:
I had a sticky butt cap Paul and following advice from Wal I poured boiling water on it.....boy did it sting!
Seriously though, it unscrewed really easily using a rubber glove following a good dose of boiling water.
Lovely rod by the way!
Thanks Jeremy, another great tip from Wal passed on :Hat:

Return to “Hardy Cane Rods”