toms book

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Mario
Eel

toms book

Post by Mario »

anyone read toms book by robert olsen its a great read mainly set around the wye valley barbel fishing and carp fishing in a secret lake he found it has some great stories in it i think its one of the best books ive read for a while

St.John
Tench

Re: toms book

Post by St.John »

Haven't read it, but sounds like one I should.
"Be patient and calm-for no man can catch fish in anger."

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

i couldnt put it down i thought he tells a story as good as chris yates does he has a simular style and he is a good artist as well im hoping he writes a follow up

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

Yes, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Richard C
Brown Trout

Post by Richard C »

Purchased a copy at the end of season whilst staying in the very pub where Robert regularly frequents.
Can confirm it a splendid 'can't put down' read with some fantastic artwork.
The reason behind the book being published was very thought provoking and initiated a spark, which in turn gave me mind to do something for my grandson.
If I had been in the pub a week earlier he would have signed my copy too much the pity.
Definitely a "Yatesesque" prose and incited childhood memories. Highly recommended. :thumb:
"We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.".
T. S Eliot
http://richard-cleaver.blogspot.co.uk/

Luke
Grayling

Post by Luke »

This is a very good book indeed. A pity it was printed in such low numbers really. The edition has sold out but second-hand prices haven't soared so it can still be picked up for around cover price.

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

i think you pick it up for about the same price as the cover price well worth getting it on ebay if you can its a good read

Steve Reed

Post by Steve Reed »

Managed to get a mint copy off fleabay at the cover price. I am looking forward to reading this one.

Steve

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bumble »

Hi got my copy last week at gifts4anglers.co.uk £29:95 hope this helps anyone looking.
Bumble

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

Luke wrote:This is a very good book indeed. A pity it was printed in such low numbers really. The edition has sold out but second-hand prices haven't soared so it can still be picked up for around cover price.
why do some books soar in price and others seem not to even when they are a good read

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”