Thermal undergarments ooh er...

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Tony1964

Thermal undergarments ooh er...

Post by Tony1964 »

Whether you favour greens and browns, cords and tweeds on the outside, we all need to keep toastie in the depths of winter. I remember as a lad that a lot of fishermen used to wear ladies tights under their cords to keep warm. Thermals weren't about then and when they first came on the scene they were very expensive.

What are your favourite winter warmers?

Snape
Bailiff

Re: Thermal undergarments ooh er...

Post by Snape »

Very boring for me - skiing base layers.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

I have worn womens wooly tights before. I now wear the thermals which I was issued during my time in the Navy.
Quite thick, in a sort of waffle design, designed for Arctic conditons and with the added advantage of having a fly hole
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Gurn
Chub

Post by Gurn »

I also use Ski/Snowboard base layers, the ones made by Helly Hansen are excellent, but a good cheaper alternative can be found at Trespass. I also have a couple of pairs of socks by a company called Thorlos, they are quite superb.

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

I use cheap long johns and matching long sleeve shirt from Millets. Does the trick nicely but if I'm doing an overnighter things can get a little clammy in the sleeping bag!!! :shocked:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Tony1964

Post by Tony1964 »

Too much information that man :notlisterning:

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

Various thermals/long johns from M&S, Musto and an American 'sport' brand that escapes me. The M&S ones fit me better than the 'sport' brands I've tried, are cheaper and keep me warmer. I've two weights depending on how cold it is.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Cooksey

Post by Cooksey »

Are there any pics available of the above gentleman wearing women's clothing..particulary vintage whalebone corsets?
Lawrence

Champ
Chub

Post by Champ »

I have a set of thermal long johns and vest from Lidl.I have only worn them a couple of times last year as it has been too warm so far this time.I might have to wear them this weekend as its been so cold recently.Ive just bought a trapper hat.The one with the fur earflaps.The cold has given me earache.Ive been wearing the hat indoors.I had forgotten how painful ear problems can be!. :Thumbsdown:: .

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

I cant believe grown men are discussing underwear, however...... nevermind :chuckle:
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”