Allcock's 1939/40 Guide

This forum is for discussing Allcocks Anglers Guides from the 1930's.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

Allcock's 1939/40 Guide

Post by AshbyCut »

Winging it's way to me is what looks like a very good condition copy of the 1939/40 Allcock's Guide.

If I can help with any queries when it arrives ... just shout.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Re: Allcock's 1939/40 Guide

Post by Nobby »

Yes, that's the one Mal....only the 1939 had that cover and only the '39 had the Aerial Match in it. Nice find, took me 6 years to find mine!

I don't remember Rawlings, but I think my Dad bought our bait there when we fished the Royal Parks nearby....in the Fifties!

The VFC
Brown Trout

Post by The VFC »

Lovely find Mal - I've been on the lookout for one for ages!
Jim

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

The Guide arrived this morning ... and I've spent most of the day devouring it's contents !!!

I had a suspicion it was a mistake buying this ... and I now know why !!!

Of course, I scoured it for reference to my Allcock's "The Sapper" roach rod. I found it ... and read the description of my 10ft. 6in. rod ... only to discover that there is ALSO AN 11FT. VERSION !!!!! AARRGGHH ..... we all know what that means !!!

Isn't this 'obsession' of ours delightfully capricious ???
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

AC any chance you could post the relevant pages from the catalogue regarding the Aerial Match. Many thanks young sir.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

PershoreHarrier wrote:AC any chance you could post the relevant pages from the catalogue regarding the Aerial Match. Many thanks young sir.
I can't scan the page without 'breaking the spine' of the book, Sir (it's hardly been opened, I think !)... so I hope a photograph will do. If you PM me your email address I'll send you a better definition copy.

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Many thanks AC - I will PM you my e.mail address.

OhMyGoodness
Bleak

Post by OhMyGoodness »

Does it have any pages relating to the Allcocks Bell sea centrepin reel. I'd love to see photos of any pages

Return to “Allcocks Anglers Guides 1930's”