Dad's Early Christmas Present - Rod Rings & Advice Required.

The Edgar Sealey & Sons Ltd Rods forum.
MaggotDrowner
Sea Trout

Dad's Early Christmas Present - Rod Rings & Advice Required.

Post by MaggotDrowner »

My first cane rod (a Sealy NuFloat) was a disaster, as I'm sure many of you remember. Well I have always felt cheated about it and so I bought myself a replacement a few weeks ago for £30. Sure I wouldn't trust the rings to not break line despite the seller saying that they are fine but at least the blank isn't snapped in half like my first one! :Chuckle:

Anyway, I was so pleased with mine that I couldn't resit buying another that appeared on eBay. This time I had my Dad's Christmas present in mind. I'm 7 months early, but still as this second NuFloat cost just £26 I seized the opportunity. A good price I thought, and a bargain when compared with the recent selling prices of the Octofloat. The seller of this one admitted that the rings are rusty though.

As can be seen the handle of the first one has been varnished at some point (why do people do this? :hairpull: ) and the corks aren't exactly pushed together well. While not exactly a problem I wonder if there is a way to fix this without replacing the handle?

I am now looking for two sets of high bells rings. I was wondering if anyone had any cheap and unused glass rods with a good set of rings on them that I could buy from you?

Each rod needs 7 plain wire high bells rings. I have the necessary tip and butt rings already. Well, one agate set and one white ceramic set. Anything you can do to help me find some cheap rod rings will be greatly appreciated.
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Return to “Edgar Sealey & Sons Ltd Cane Rods”