NuFloat

The Edgar Sealey & Sons Ltd Rods forum.
Wallys-Cast
Pike

Re: NuFloat

Post by Wallys-Cast »

I believe the Nufloat was the last of the Edgar Sealey cane float rods.
It was definitely built on a tight budget with poor quality fittings etc and was built at a time when time consuming, expensive to make, cane rods were really struggling to compete with the better quality glass rods appearing at the time.
Wal.

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

Dear friends,you have left me not knowing what decision to make about the purchase of a Nufloat rod.Thank you Reelmaker.

Wagtail
Arctic Char

Post by Wagtail »

ReelMaker wrote:Dear friends,you have left me not knowing what decision to make about the purchase of a Nufloat rod.Thank you Reelmaker.
I like my Nufloat, it's a good 'all-rounder' rod. If the one you are looking at is at the right price and there aren't too many issues with it then go for it. If in times to come it needs restoration, then there is plenty of advice available on this esteemed forum to help you.
'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I have an idea that Reelmaker is still searching for that elusive 'perfect roach rod'......I'd plump for a Lucky Strike if you can find one at a good price( I never have, mind you)

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

ReelMaker wrote:Dear friends,you have left me not knowing what decision to make about the purchase of a Nufloat rod.Thank you Reelmaker.

Sorry reelmaker, I hope I haven't put you off the Nufloat, that was never my intention, I can say the cane itself is the usual quality that Sealey always provided. If the rod has been stored correctly there is no reason to expect any serious problems..
I rebuilt a Nufloat a few years ago with good quality rings, ferrules and fittings and it was a lovely general purpose float rod. I was also very surprised when it sold for quite a high price on ebay, which was possibly down to its rarity value..

Wal.

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

Dear friends How much is a Nufloat 11ft in restored condition worth .?Reelmaker

Return to “Edgar Sealey & Sons Ltd Cane Rods”