Handles

The Speedia Reels forum.
NiceRoach
Eel

Handles

Post by NiceRoach »

The trademark toffee coloured handles do you reckon early plastic or late bakelite?
niceroach

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Re: Handles

Post by Loop Erimder »

I thought they were orange
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

Looking at my Speedia I`d have to say its is a toffee colour. As for material I`ve no idea.....

Chavender
Eel

Re: Handles ~ get a grip on them

Post by Chavender »

i've seen white ones but i put them down too being worn/sun bleached faded yellows .

most handles can range from a buttery yellow to almost orangy in shade through to orangy-brownish & redish-brown and have the same contored shape

some of the yellow handles are quite a bright yellow and possibly a softer plastic than usual brittle ones (possibly replacements ) thats just a tad bigger than the usual handles and feel different ,ever so slightly textured rather than really smooth like the other type.

the original speedia early versions had screw down handles (fitted to extended line lay piller) thats sort of mushroom shaped and a tad over sized and sometimes under sized (possibly cut down) stumpy ones
later models and the improved 2nd type of speedia had the handles rivoted into place on seporate handle fitted too the front flange .quite a job to remove the tiny rivot plate that sits in the top of the handles ,often causing damage in trying .

apart from the odd soft plastic handles (which might of been replacements??) the handles was made from a early quite brittle plastic that easily chips

i think that covers handles ,well maybe not as no two reels have exactly the same coloured handles .
Last edited by Chavender on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! Steve

NiceRoach
Eel

Post by NiceRoach »

Great work Chavender - thank you :Wink:
niceroach

Return to “Speedia Reels”