"The Art of Angling"

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Julian
Salmon

Re: "The Art of Angling"

Post by Julian »

AshbyCut wrote:
Julian wrote:Just treated myself by ordering a very good condition 1957 edition of these three volumes ( although rather more expensive than AC's excellent bargain price) - looking forward to them arriving. :Cool:
Ok ... Ok ... so I'm cheap !!! :Wink:

Enjoy, Sir ... I think you will be pleased. I'm already reading 'Kingfisher' on bream for the second time, and 'Faddist' on crucians for the third time !
AC - Seeing your photo of them reminds me of something else I have that is a comprehensive reference set, and although only a small part of it is about fish, I thought you might be interested. Its the large, long (over 1500 pages) and heavy ( 5 Kg ) two volume 'Outline of Nature in the British Isles' by Sir John Hammerton. - published in 1935.
It contains over 1500 photos. Some of the photos are superb, especially the many of birds at their nests. It covers just about everything in British nature and has some sections on fish as well. It also has a very good index. I just had a look on Abebooks and you can pick up a good quality copy of the two volumes for around £16.
Last edited by Julian on Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: "The Art of Angling"

Post by AshbyCut »

Thank you Julian, Sir ... duly noted.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”