Re: Chris Yates Tackle

Post by Paddex »

Loop Erimder wrote:see page 2 of this thread to see the reel and the net
:Scared:

Greentura
Crucian Carp

Post by Greentura »

Chris used an Omnia? realy? Oh goodie, i have one i was given so with that snippet of information it must make it worth a bit :Wink: lol

In all seriousness though when i started building what is fast becoming a collection, according to my wife, i did look at what many anglers of note between the 50's to the mid 70's were using and although Walker's Mk4 was first, even before i created my first list, the next on the list was a Mk4 avon as it was what Chris had used to capture the Bishop, the other two rods i own partly due to association to Chris are a Fred J Taylor roach rod, which had as much influence in it'd purchase from Mike Harris as from knowing Chris had owned one in the 90's, and, an Edgar Sealy 11' Floatcaster deluxe, although i did collect ES rods in glass before, and still occasionally use my Black Arrow

In an ideal world I'd like to spend a day with Chris, nothing to do with hero worship, just think he would be a nice bloke to share a pot of tea with while fishing for whatever passed by

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

Just picked up this thread.....very interesting. In 1981/2 aged 15 I first read CY articles. In course fisherman .At that time and now I really wasn't that interested in cane rods ,totally disinterested in vintage really. But I loved the tales of small pools , fishing for carp and soon Barbel and chub. Simple methods and loving nature. His apparent approach to keeping it all in a old Holborn tin....is great init
On my return to angling I had a burst of interest and expenditure on cane rods etc....but it's now passed , bit like a shoal of bream..always seems like a nice fella and the crucian fishing with Martin bowler in catching the impossible is great......

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I've fished that very spot after those same crucians and it is indeed one of my favourite swims anywhere. It's an idyllic little pool where even the tench fight like berserkers.

Yates, the jammy devil lives just down the rod.

Actually upon reflection, it's probably by design, not luck!

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

I agree with you Greentura.

I also have a Sealey Floatcaster and a Black Arrow. I love to fish the Crucian Ponds in question, Nobby is a lucky man.

Gaz

Leveller
Rudd

Post by Leveller »

I gave him some model perfect hooks about twenty years ago, he's probably still got them,

Return to “Chris Yates”