Day ticket fishery near Fordingbridge

This forum belongs to the River Avon.
Snape
Bailiff

Day ticket fishery near Fordingbridge

Post by Snape »

I am heading to Fordingbridge on 17 June to collect a rod I am buying and was thinking of combining it with a bit of fishing on the Avon.
Does anyone know or can recommend a day ticket fishery near there?
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Paul F
Sea Trout

Re: Day ticket fishery near Fordingbridge

Post by Paul F »

Ah Nigel there is so much fishing not too far from Fordingbridge.
Britford is only a few of miles, not too far to the Royalty, or Throop.
There is the recreation ground day ticket water at Fordingbridge, but I don'y believe it is the water it used to be.
Personally I would head for the chub on Throop beat 2, with a good chance of a barbel.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

River - lake - or carping?

Both Christchurch AC and Ringwood DAC do tickets for some of their waters = both worth a look at their websites.

New Forest Water Park for carping - with water sports!

LAA at Britford mentioned - can be a superb water on the right day - 2lb roach esp!

Throop - 1/2 hour southwards. Britford - 1/2 hour northwards!

:Hat:

Chubman
Crucian Carp

Post by Chubman »

britford will be full of dace and grayling in june, well worth giving it a go,£10 a day or£5 for oaps, pm me if you need more info as i fish it a lot

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

I would echo Paul F in suggesting Throop beat 2 . Quite simply I found it a magic section of river .

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Keston wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:11 pm I would echo Paul F in suggesting Throop beat 2 . Quite simply I found it a magic section of river .
Just looked it up and it looks perfect.
I think that's where I'll be heading! :Hat:
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.

Paul F
Sea Trout

Post by Paul F »

Snape wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:13 pm
Keston wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:11 pm I would echo Paul F in suggesting Throop beat 2 . Quite simply I found it a magic section of river .
Just looked it up and it looks perfect.
I think that's where I'll be heading! :Hat:
Good choice Nigel :Thumb:

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

Throop is my summer water of choice but in mid June it's hard going; the roach, chub and barbel don't really feed until mid July and any you do find are usually out of condition. There's often an early season diatom bloom on the Stour which makes it slow going as well. On June 16th there is an all night fish in on Beat 2 and this tends to dull the fishing for three or four days. About the only reliable feeders are dace and it's not the best of waters for them though plenty of small ones. I don't really start fishing here until mid July. Must admit that with a lot happening at home at the moment I'll be glad when the decorating is done and I can get back on the rivers.

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

DaceAce wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:57 pm Throop is my summer water of choice but in mid June it's hard going; the roach, chub and barbel don't really feed until mid July and any you do find are usually out of condition. There's often an early season diatom bloom on the Stour which makes it slow going as well. On June 16th there is an all night fish in on Beat 2 and this tends to dull the fishing for three or four days. About the only reliable feeders are dace and it's not the best of waters for them though plenty of small ones. I don't really start fishing here until mid July. Must admit that with a lot happening at home at the moment I'll be glad when the decorating is done and I can get back on the rivers.
OK. Many thanks for that. I may try elsewhere! :Thumb: :Hat:

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

Ringwood would get my vote, I've had some good chub there
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Return to “River Avon”