kendall and watson leeds

Do you know of a good traditional fishing tackle shop, past and present.
Splitcaner
Ruffe

kendall and watson leeds

Post by Splitcaner »

Hi does any one have any information regarding a tackle shop in Leeds. It was Kendall and Watson 5Grand Arcade Vicar Lane Leeds 1.I have a fibre glass rod with their label on, I wanted to know if they made rods if not did they buy them in and if so who from. The rod in question is a quite well made13ft float rod, the only down side is the reel seat rings are missing also the rubber end butt. Looking forward to hearing from any one who knows anything. Thanks John.

Duckett
Tench

Re: kendall and watson leeds

Post by Duckett »

I have a Kenny Kendall aerial style centrepin but I've not seen a rod badged like that before. However, there are far more knowledgeable folk than me on this subject (see the Kenny Kendall section under reels).

One other thing, pictures always help with identification.

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Splitcaner
Ruffe

Post by Splitcaner »

Hi hoping these pi ctures come through. Someone may be able to help. Thanks John.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

I can't help with the K&W questions but I do have a fair number of reclaimed rod fittings Splitcaner. Is it possible that the butt had a straight aluminium end cap I wonder as per some of my EARC rods? As opposed to the tapered cone shaped end cap commonly threaded for use with a rubber button? If you are interested in any of the bits I have accumulated please send me dimensions and I'll have a root around for you :Hat:

Splitcaner
Ruffe

Post by Splitcaner »

Hi Liphook thanks for the reply, the handle measures 25mm dia. If you can make it out on photo about 25 mm up from bottom of handle there is a different colour to the cork, this is probably where original butt came too. Its also very slightly smaller 1/2 to 1 mm that's all. The reel seats that's showing are plastic and from another rod, they were probably ally on the original rod. Many thanks for reply just glad photos sent ok. John.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Some cheaper rods had just a rubber/plastic cap. Depends upon age/cost at new.

A few Allcocks & Sealey rods had the ali cap.

Return to “Traditional Fishing Tackle Shops, Past and Present”