EDKO ... Romford Tackle Shop

Do you know of a good traditional fishing tackle shop, past and present.
Tengisgol
Barbel

Re: EDKO ... Romford Tackle Shop

Post by Tengisgol »

Rutland Rod wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:49 pm
Harry wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:13 am With regard to the Ongar and district club book, I am still a member of ODAS... The club secretary and treasurer named on the picture, T Jenkins is the father of our current treasurer Michael, Bert Cottee named on the picture as outing secretary donated a shield for the best weight on the first club outing of the season, which I won last year and sits on the table in my man cave... Known as The Bert Cottee Shield...
Bit off subject ........is the Cottee Family related to the football star Tony Cottee I believe he played for West Ham amongst other top clubs.
Dave
I was at school with Jo and Paul Cottee, brother and sister to Tony, who was just a little older than me. We grew up in Collier Row and as LJM and others know I worked in Romford Angling Centre for a bit and often went into Edko's just down the road.

I remember Tony showing off in his first new car, an XR3, and boy was he the man in that motor and playing for the Hammers!

To the best of my knowledge the Cottees I knew didn't fish but it's only a few miles from Ongar!
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Look what I found! Knew I had one somewhere!

Image.
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Marks7
Bleak

Post by Marks7 »

Only just found this post and it brought back great memories. In the late fifties, early sixties Edko was a regular stop for me on a Saturday armed with the week's pocket money and a list of kit to add to my meager collection.
Age 11 (1962) I spent four months in hospital and, when finally released, was told to recuperate at home for a while before returning to school (yesss!)
Recuperation for me was a regular mid-week bus ride from Collier Row to North Street for sixpence worth of mixed "gentles" and another bus to Raphaels Park lake for a day's fishing. My mid-week visits to the shop in term time were so regular that the very nice ladies behind the counter eventually expressed concern at my supposed "truanting" until I explained the situation. Happy days!

Return to “Traditional Fishing Tackle Shops, Past and Present”