Lee's of Roman Road

Do you know of a good traditional fishing tackle shop, past and present.
Newtocane
Ruffe

Lee's of Roman Road

Post by Newtocane »

Afternoon all, does anyone have any knowledge of the above? I'm assuming it may have been based in East London.

I've just acquired a glass rod, looks and feels like a leger rod, but has no other information other than the name.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Santiago
Wild Carp

Re: Lee's of Roman Road

Post by Santiago »

Bethnal Green. Locked myself out of my car there in the mid eighties. A friend of mine who use to own a jewellery shop use to send costume jewellery to a chap who had a stall on Roman Road. The last time he sent him some he included a lovely Rolex watch by mistake, but didn't have the heart to ask for it back.
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Thameside
Gudgeon

Post by Thameside »

I bought some tackle from a shop in Roman Rd last year.
Did a quick Google and came up with their Facebook page if of any help https://m.facebook.com/ROMANTACKLE/?locale2=en_GB

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

I think there was two tackle shops in the Roman road. From 2005 until last year I used the one above called Roman Tackle. Not sure if it was once called Lees . They( family run) were always very nice and helpful. Ran a stall outside the front of the shop as well. Gave local advice. Proper East London too.I d regular get maggots and pop over Victoria park ( short walk) and fish the Pond in the heart of London E2

Return to “Traditional Fishing Tackle Shops, Past and Present”