London fishing Rod and Reel Manufacturers.

Do you know of a good traditional fishing tackle shop, past and present.
Mr B
Arctic Char

Re: London fishing Rod and Reel Manufacturers.

Post by Mr B »

Oily,
Was it running from that small shopfront ( now a double glazing shop) or out the back?
I noticed Constables of Bromley 48 Addison road was just a house... but out the back was a little annex,,, he ( Peter Constable) must have worked from there?
There is a small shop in Chatterton Road that has been there for years ... Diplocks... (Not a tackle shop) I must ask the the owner if he knows a bit more....
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I once scoured a HUGE pile of angling magazines and wrote down all the addresses. I put them in a section of my blog here:

https://nobbystackle.wordpress.com/2014 ... -departed/

I didn't single out the London makers but I hope I have most of them there.

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Thanks Nobby,
That’s great hanks so much for getting back to me... just had a good look through them and saved the photos..
Mr B
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Return to “Traditional Fishing Tackle Shops, Past and Present”