A good use of lockdown time.

Made some other form of traditional fishing tackle.
Wallys-Cast
Pike

A good use of lockdown time.

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Sadly I no longer have some of the photos from my previous posts but I am pleased to have kept most of them and in time I will replace all the ones lost thanks to photobuckets greedy ransom demands.

A time consuming exercise but worth it as many of the older posts just don't make much sense without the pictures so why not use the lockdown time to try to undo the damage created by photobucket and tinypic

Wal.

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Re: A good use of lockdown time.

Post by Northern_Nomad »

A splendid idea Wal :Thumb:
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Thanks Neil, some of the best posts are hard to grasp with out the pictures.

Happily I noticed a lot of Leszeks posts now have the photos back. It would have been a real shame if his step by step reel making was lost.

Wal.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Wallys-Cast wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:01 pm Sadly I no longer have some of the photos from my previous posts but I am pleased to have kept most of them and in time I will replace all the ones lost thanks to photobuckets greedy ransom demands.

A time consuming exercise but worth it as many of the older posts just don't make much sense without the pictures so why not use the lockdown time to try to undo the damage created by photobucket and tinypic

Wal.
Luckily, I have not lost any photo's but I am passing the time teaching Diane how to paint, walls not pictures! She is showing promise so I am going get her some brushes of her own! :Hahaha:

Penninelad
Arctic Char

Post by Penninelad »

Reel Pouches
Made from old NHS foam slings that we were told to throw way.Only needed to stitch one seam with nylon lacing thread.The Velcro straps came off the shoulders straps.Provide really good protection for your cherished centre pins.
Mark Davies

Mick
Chub

Post by Mick »

Wal, for sometime I have felt disappointed in the fact that delving into the archives is lacking without the pictures. Sometimes we need to find inspiration from those who have created masterpieces in cane and metal. I thank you and wish you well in your endeavours Sir.

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Mick wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:36 pm Wal, for sometime I have felt disappointed in the fact that delving into the archives is lacking without the pictures. Sometimes we need to find inspiration from those who have created masterpieces in cane and metal. I thank you and wish you well in your endeavours Sir.
Thanks Mick, if you come across one of my posts with missing photos, please let me know and I'll do my best to reinstate them.
I am sure others would do the same if asked.

Wal.

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

What an excellent idea Wal. A picture says a thousand words!
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Return to “Making Other Items of Traditional Fishing Tackle”