Brass connector for landing net

Made some other form of traditional fishing tackle.
ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Brass connector for landing net

Post by ReelMaker »

Good morning ,could any member make a connector for me to fit a cane pole.I have not got the pole yet and I'm not sure when the shops will be open.I will cover any costs involved,then tread is three eights BSF ,Thank you Reelmaker.

Cane
Grayling

Re: Brass connector for landing net

Post by Cane »

ReelMaker wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:36 am Good morning ,could any member make a connector for me to fit a cane pole.I have not got the pole yet and I'm not sure when the shops will be open.I will cover any costs involved,then tread is three eights BSF ,Thank you Reelmaker.
Reel maker, if you send me a pm with dimensions of the piece you want, then I’ll give it a go.
Cane
In the mud and scum of things, something always, always sings!
Mrs Wigg's philosophy

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

Good afternoon,I have not yet purchased any garden cane yet due to the corona virus ,so I will not be able to proceed until we are able to shop,Thankmyou Cane for your offer .Keep well.Reelmaker

Cane
Grayling

Post by Cane »

Yes, of course. Just let me know should you still want one.
Best
Cane
In the mud and scum of things, something always, always sings!
Mrs Wigg's philosophy

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

I was in wilko yesterday for some essential yacht varnish and as I was descending on the escalator I happened to glance up and saw several bundles of 8ft garden canes. After the essential yacht varnish had been gathered I ascended the escalator and cast a eye over the garden cane bundles, and low and behold, out of maybe 20 bundles, one thick and straight cane absolutely begging to become a traditional landing net handle. The bundle cost three pounds, I removed the cane in question and gifted the rest to my next door but one neighbour as he never turns a freebie down, ever....

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

Good afternoon,I am self isolating due to being 75yrs and the wife is on the vonerable list ,so l Will have to wait until we are cleared of the virus and check the W ilko store in Cambridge.Thank you sir,Reelmaker.

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

I will keep my eyes open and if I find anymore good canes I will buy them as a matter of course and then if anyone wants one we can sort it out.

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Return to “Making Other Items of Traditional Fishing Tackle”