Aesthetically pleasing or devastatingly functional?

Made some other form of traditional fishing tackle.
Catfish.017
Eel

Re: Aesthetically pleasing or devastatingly functional?

Post by Catfish.017 »

Liphook wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:50 pm My name is Liphook and I'm a seatrout addict....
I know the condition well, I live five minutes walk from the Tawe and almost on the banks of the Cwmdu Brook, a major tributary. After a night of heavy rain I can hear the brook without lifting my head from the pillow. That sound used to elicit such a surge of adrenalin! And a day of anticipation of the nights sport, scanning the skies for rogue showers that could hinder the 'fining down', praying that the wind would drop yet hoping the cloud cover remained to obscure any moon light. Yes I'm in remission now but if ever the runs of fish recover, well who knows?

Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Post by Nigel Rainton »

I won't become an addict. I don't wade. I go to bed early. Plus the pubs are open :-)

Catfish.017
Eel

Post by Catfish.017 »

Nigel Rainton wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:22 pm I won't become an addict. I don't wade. I go to bed early. Plus the pubs are open :-)
Yep that's three strikes against you Nigel, particularly the early to bed one. The pub hmmm, There were one or two characters fishing the Towy who would turn up after last orders and I travelled with them and tried it once! Not for me I'm afraid, felt awful around 1.00am. One of the group was fast asleep on a cosy bit of bank.

Return to “Making Other Items of Traditional Fishing Tackle”