Homemade Catapult help

Made some other form of traditional fishing tackle.
Richard Jackson
Brown Trout

Re: Homemade Catapult help

Post by Richard Jackson »

PM sent BSC
I spend most of my life fishing the Rest i just waste

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

Hi,

Have a look at a catty I made in " making other items of tackle" under my forum name, probably late Nov 2013. This shows how to use brass strips whipped and bonded into place and a brass pan head small bolt which then accepts 'modern hollow latex and pouch system.

If it doesn't make sense PM me and I can go through it with you and how to adapt it got your circular arms.

Rgds

Neil

Oops, didn't read the full thread on my iPhone to realize you have already had suggestions. Ignore mine as the others seems perfectly adequate. Rgds NN
Last edited by Northern_Nomad on Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

And may I add to Northern Nomads post there that that is absolutely the very best advice to consider. How do I know ? Well - forgive me Neil if I let the Forum into a little secret - but I have one of Neil's catapults and it is absolutely the very very best example. Superb !

Fish
Bleak

Post by Fish »

gypsy tabs work a treat for low powered catties like for fishing .

"Go fishing in the morning, work in a factory in the afternoon."
Karl Marx.

Return to “Making Other Items of Traditional Fishing Tackle”