Looking for a great, smelly, sausage meat recipe for chub!

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
Silfield
Brown Trout

Re: Looking for a great, smelly, sausage meat recipe for chub!

Post by Silfield »

Pallenpool wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:42 pm Unadulterated Danish Blue - sounds a tad naughty - and my word it is................ :Hahaha:
Is a rather old stilton a good substitute? I have found a decent chunk hiding in the back of the fridge, god knows how long it has been there but looking at it probably since last Christmas.
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Absolutely :Thumb: just don’t eat it yourself Ian :Hahaha: yet :Hahaha:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Silfield
Brown Trout

Post by Silfield »

Pallenpool wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:21 pm Absolutely :Thumb: just don’t eat it yourself Ian :Hahaha: yet :Hahaha:
Going by the smell and colour of it I wouldn't dare :shocked:
The friendly resident Robin is rather partial to it but I am sure I can find him something else to help get him through the winter.
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Silfield wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:34 pm
Pallenpool wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:21 pm Absolutely :Thumb: just don’t eat it yourself Ian :Hahaha: yet :Hahaha:
Going by the smell and colour of it I wouldn't dare :shocked:
The friendly resident Robin is rather partial to it but I am sure I can find him something else to help get him through the winter.
There is a cheese called Isis - Oxfordshire - it is, when left for a while wet and oh so pungent - not surprisingly the smell would put anyone off - but taste it and your hooked - as are the Chub :Thumb:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

Silfield
Brown Trout

Post by Silfield »

I'll take your word on that Peter :surrender:
I remember getting caught out with some rather attractive looking goats cheese whilst on a working holiday with a friend who had a house in the Lot valley-it took copious amounts of locally produced Cahors wine to take the taste away.
Washington Irving

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

There’s always an upside with cheese - if it’s good then wine is the perfect accompaniment- if it is awful then wine is the perfect antidote......... it’s a win win.

Heraclitus

Mick
Chub

Post by Mick »

My recipe for cheese paste is on the cheese paste post above this one. It is really Tony Miles' recipe that he passed on to me several years ago, with a few ''twists''.

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”