Prawns- raw or cooked?

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
Silfield
Brown Trout

Re: Prawns- raw or cooked?

Post by Silfield »

Tengisgol wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:15 pm Crayfish, staple diet of the otter now in many reaches of the Wensum. I’m told that some stretches that were full of signals a few years ago are now almost devoid of them.
Certainly not the stretch where I met you and Bob a few months back-I went off down stream with Bob to look at a couple of decent chub and while we were standing there a lump of a signal crawled up and sat on my foot! It was almost a meal in itself.
There appears to be a blanket ban on all trapping of Signals in Norfolk (but not in Suffolk) I have applied 6 times now, for 6 different areas and have been refused straight away on all occasions, as have some others I know. The reason given was that there may be water voles/otters in the area- I have to ask the question as to why they give details of the design of a suitable (vole and otter friendly) trap on their website if they wont issue licenses?
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Tengisgol wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:15 pm Crayfish, staple diet of the otter now in many reaches of the Wensum. I’m told that some stretches that were full of signals a few years ago are now almost devoid of them.
Nice to hear a positive story about otters for once. I must be one of a tiny number of anglers who likes them! I blame reading "Ring of Bright Water" at school!
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Mick
Chub

Post by Mick »

The river Thame used to be stuffed full of signal crayfish. Not any more, the otters have eaten them!!!

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”